Impact Hammer stun altfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impact Hammer stun altfire

Instead of merely knocking powerups out of players, which is kinda redundant*, altfire would knock players back a bit and force them into feign death mode for 5 secs or so. It would also take about 30 HP.

Apart from humiliating people by first knocking them down, and then executing them with either the IH's primary or some other weapon (or knocking them into a killvolume), the stun feature could also be used tactically during for example CTF, by completely neutralizing someone for a while, and not allowing them to respawn and chase the flag carrier or whatever.

Well, that's my half-***** idea. If anyone wants to do something with it, be my guest.

*why bother with alt when you can kill them with primary and get both a frag and the powerup?

Very good idea, except I'd take out the 30HP bit and the delay. Otherwise it'd be too strong. I mean, feign death already takes a long time to get out of.
    However, if you do insist on keeping the alt-fire uber, maybe it could also make the person drop their weapon.

Comment

Good idea... although I am with sheld0n in that remove the 30 hit points. Once you are knocked off your feet you are as good as dead anyway.

Comment

Well, the HP loss is actually meant to prevent abuse, so you can't keep someone stunned more or less indefinitely by hitting them again & again as they try to get up. It would be even better if damage increased significantly with each stun, say 30 - 60 - 250 (or 100, if armor gets bypassed), so you can't get hit more than 3 times without dying. Not sure how difficult that would be to code, though...

The 5 sec delay is probably to long, yes, should be more like 2-3. You'd have to play around a bit with the settings to find the right balance between usefulness and annoyance.

Weapon dropping could certainly be included, but might be redundant since as OpTYk mentioned, once you've been knocked down you're as good as dead anyway.

Another possible feature would be that only a fully charged zap can knock you down. If alt is only partially charged, you'll just get knocked away. This would make the weapon both more balanced and versatile.

Anyway, glad you like the basic idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 4TX4 View Post

*why bother with alt when you can kill them with primary and get both a frag and the powerup?
          Obviously to remove the shield belt and the invulnerability...

Comment

maybe I am a jerk when I play but I dont know where you would be getting the time to hit somebody again and again with the impact hammer... id steal that kill from you in a team death match, capture the flag etc. I just think in a game where the one of the primary objectives is to frag the other guy it wouldnt be that big of a deal. Second... yeah you may pin that player to the ground and take him out of play but you are also now out of play so it still keeps team balance. I dont know ... just my opinion. Dont get my wrong I think the stun would be cool, just without the HP loss

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
              Obviously to remove the shield belt and the invulnerability...
              Yeah, guess so, but it probably won't get used much for that.

Originally posted by OpTYk View Post
              maybe I am a jerk when I play but I dont know where you would be getting the time to hit somebody again and again with the impact hammer... id steal that kill from you in a team death match, capture the flag etc. I just think in a game where the one of the primary objectives is to frag the other guy it wouldnt be that big of a deal. Second... yeah you may pin that player to the ground and take him out of play but you are also now out of play so it still keeps team balance. I dont know ... just my opinion. Dont get my wrong I think the stun would be cool, just without the HP loss
              In most cases the HP thing probably wouldn't really be needed, but there'll always be lamers who'd keep zapping people endlessly if they could, and the above setup would put a cap on it. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. Anyway, it's not a core feature, and could easily be left out if that's what people want.

Comment

I like the idea... but still take away the damage.
                As already said, once knocked off your feet your as good as dead already.

Regular Fire
                current regular fire

Alt Fire
                Have it like a mini darkwalker alt fire. Small blast radius that knocks opponent off their feet, removes any powerup they are carrying, takes a little longer to charge up.

Alt Fire + click regular fire (like rocket launcher spiral)
                EMP blast. Instead of having to actually run up and hit a vehicle, (suicide). You can let off a much larger emp blast radius like the nightshades emp.

Comment

The EMP option would be too powerful against vehicles with a blast radius that large.

Originally posted by 4TX4 View Post
                  Yeah, guess so, but it probably won't get used much for that.
                  I use it all the time...
                  If you have the opportunity (or you're smart enough to give yourself the opportunity) you'd be stupid not to.

Comment

Working...
                  X