Request: Quake 3's Railgun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: Quake 3's Railgun!

I'd truly love to have this weapon as part of my arsenal - it'd be like an almost Instagib gun, but can kill as many people who are in front of it when you fired the weapon!

Just think of the power and domination [and the gore!] you could have with a weapon like that!

You could get *multi-headshots* if you were accurate enough

that's actually quake 2, but I loved quake 2 more for its mods and the fact that you could play those mods in singleplayer and cooperative!

Man, I wish true singleplayer-style enemies were in UT3 as well as a true singleplayer experience...

All we'd need to do is modify the instagib rifle really. As long as you're fine with the shock rifle model I guess.

We also need the millions of weapons and gameplay mods quake 2 had... especially the ones that used the game's monsters extensively... UT3 REALLY NEEDS SINGLEPLAYER ENEMIES!

Comment

Originally posted by THE_SPELUNKER View Post
      that's actually quake 2
      Oh yeah, my bad!

Man, I wish true singleplayer-style enemies were in UT3 as well as a true singleplayer experience...

All we'd need to do is modify the instagib rifle really. As long as you're fine with the shock rifle model I guess.
      Apart from the fact that the Railgun didn't *always* give an instagib [you can still survive an attack with armour on - but not always, I think], I don't mind what the weapon looks like really - just as long as it won't be a 'railgun/instagib-only' weapon tournaments, as they [IMO] just get annoying at times.

We also need the millions of weapons and gameplay mods quake 2 had... especially the ones that used the game's monsters extensively... UT3 REALLY NEEDS SINGLEPLAYER ENEMIES!
      I'd love to have a TeamDM-meets-Invasion mode - fight your buddies/online peeps while fighting off an invasion force, which basically would be a 3rd-party fighting force to deal with! Excellent idea!

Since I haven't been around here that much (obviously), isn't it possible to edit SP *at all*[if you mean the story mode? - which I never bothered with]?

Can't we sort that with a mutator at all?

Comment

I believe the instagib rifle only gibs every time because its damage is very high. If I lower the damage to 100 and allow it to shoot through people it could work.

Aside from that I've had this great cooperative-yet-competitive mode for a while.

It's called J.E.S.T. as in Just Effin Survive Together
        In it, the red team cannot respawn, but they have slight health regeneration and can pick up all the items. Blue Team only spawns in at random times and is given a random weapon upon spawnin in, and when blue players die they must wait a random time from 5-20 seconds before they may respawn. Also, blue players may not pick up any items, so they are basically on suicide runs.

Hopefully, instead of random things an AI Director would intelligently make the game harder (spawn blue guys with less delay and with bigger guns) or easier (vice versa) in order to balance the action. It would do this by keeping track of how the red team is currently doing by checking their health, weapons, armor, etc. If you have a fully-equipped team with full everything and someone has the redeemer expect to see blue team members appear constantly with rocket launchers. When red team only has enforcers at the start, blue team will only spawn with impact hammers! With this perfect balance to the action always in place, the game is always fair and yet red team is still surviving invasion-style against the blue team's onslaught!

Kind of off-topic in a railgun topic I guess

Then again, someone could recreate the whole quake 3 weapon set (me) in ut3 just using the default weapon graphics and simply changing their functions and which ut weapons are replaced (biorifle = q3shotgun) Combined with J.E.S.T. you could have some awesome flashbacks of survivng the strogg in quake 2 quite possibly!

Comment

Allowing it to go through people definitely would be a start for creating the Railrun; the speed of the weapon would need to be changed too, of course

How would you do that exactly - scripting-wise, I suppose [Vista user here btw]?

Just as long as it'll let me keep all the other weapons too, apart from the replaced one, obviously

Comment

Working...
          X