Roman era mod/tc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roman era mod/tc

I've always thought it would be cool to create a game for the ut3 engine that would be somewhat like Rome total war, but give you the ability to switch from a general view of controlling your army to controlling a soldier in a first person view. All ideas up in the air.
    I currently do not have anyone else for this but I can do 2d and 3d work as well as some experience with ued.
    If anyone is interested in this idea respond or pm me.

I've actually drafted plans for an RTS type game using UE3 - but don't have much intention of following it through on the basis that I have other projects and it's really quite demanding to implement.

You could very easily construct such a game - but it will take an enormous amount of effort, especially if it's Roman themed, and not themed similarily to UT3 for example.

Comment

well starting small is what i was thinking.
      just get 1 or 2 countries with a few units, and start out with only basic plains with hills and trees for a map.

most likely would need a good programmer for unit structures such as hoplites or legions

Comment

i think an rts game would be good but for a rome styled mod i think a action 3rd or 1st person game would be better

Comment

i think the main catch for a rome type game requires larger armys, not 8v8 or 16v16.
          more like 2v2 but each team controls a certain number of troops

Comment

Im very interested in your idea eks. I myself as a 3d modeler would be willing to help create some models if you ever got the idea up and running.

Ive always been after a game like the one you suggest, switching between RTS and FPS mid-game. And ive only ever found one, called Heroes Under Fire. It was the greatest game ever, combining the control of hundreds of troops like an RTS, while providing the hack-and-slash FPS element. It was so fun.

So if you ever get this mod up and running, give me a pm and id be glad to help.

Comment

Working...
            X