Help making the Welder Bot playable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help making the Welder Bot playable

By request I'm trying to figure out how to get the Welder Bot (at the end of the tutorial part of Rising Sun) playable in-game.
    I've gotten him to show up in the character select, but he shows up as the default guy in-game.

Code:
    Characters=(CharName="Welder",Description="A simple welding bot, added to Liandri's defense ranks after their losses to the Necris and the Izanagi during the Phayder War.",CharID="XWE",bLocked="false",Faction="Liandri",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Liandri_Male_Head05>",CharData=(FamilyID="LIAM",HeadID="Weld"))
    Code:
    Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="CH_Corrupt_Cine.Mesh.SK_CH_WeldingRobot",PartID="Weld",FamilyID="LIAM")
    Is what I have right now, which results in this:

[screenshot]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2835/weldertc0.jpg[/screenshot]

But demoguy in-game.
    I'm suspecting that this process is much more complex than what I've done so far, so any input or help would be appreciated.

Lol, that guy was halarious, unit needs repair. just loved how he fell over.

Comment

I asked organ if he was able to do anytthing with the INI you gave me, and heres what he said:

"no the mesh is set up in a way that is not meant for what we are trying to do with it, Thats why I started trying to uncook the upk's

with the upk's un-cooked someone that knows the settings a custom player mesh should have can get it set up fast,

but I do not know the settings for a custom player mesh, all I know is that is not the right settings for one

I hope someone will watch the video UN-cook it & set it up in the right way =P "

Comment

TheDragonzord-

"You have the character available it needs to be re-rigged, to do so download the liandri skeleton from the UDN or use the one from the game..... then rig each part of the welder to the parts of the skeleton, basically make a new character 3d max or maya or whatever, and then organ shall cook for ps3 "

Comment

I love this camt wait till its done

Comment

Originally posted by tmarsh388 View Post
            I love this camt wait till its done
            Hopefuly, if all the kinks get worked out, that will be soon...

Comment

The character shouldn't need re-rigging, it's already hooked up to an appropriate player skeleton and you can use the normal animations with it in the editor just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                The character shouldn't need re-rigging, it's already hooked up to an appropriate player skeleton and you can use the normal animations with it in the editor just fine.
                Then why does it apear as the defualt Iron Guard player in-game?..

Comment

If I knew that, I'd have said it. Either way, it does not need re-rigging.

Comment

If I knew that, I'd have said it. Either way, it does not need re-rigging.
                    do you know anyone that might know how to fix the issue?

Comment

ok first if thing don't work right check your launch.log file, there you'll find things like
                      Code:
                      Log: No Textures Found For: BODY Texture: 0
                      Log: No Textures Found For: BODY Texture: 1
                      Log: No Textures Found For: BODY Texture: 2
                      Log: No Textures Found For: BODY Texture: 3
                      Log: No Textures Found For: BODY Texture: 4
                      which means it doesn't have the correct texture/material setup for a character

second, have a look at the character in UEd you'll see that it's a bit high on the polycount BUT the main thing is if you check the sockets(read my tutorial) you'll find that the "cine" characters don't have sockets so that they won't be able to carry weapons in game. the only way to get this character in game is to rip it and then try and make a proper fitting rig that matches the Liandri anims and physic asset

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
                        ok first if thing don't work right check your launch.log file, there you'll find things like
                        Code:
                        Log: No Textures Found For: BODY Texture: 0
                        Log: No Textures Found For: BODY Texture: 1
                        Log: No Textures Found For: BODY Texture: 2
                        Log: No Textures Found For: BODY Texture: 3
                        Log: No Textures Found For: BODY Texture: 4
                        which means it doesn't have the correct texture/material setup for a character

second, have a look at the character in UEd you'll see that it's a bit high on the polycount BUT the main thing is if you check the sockets(read my tutorial) you'll find that the "cine" characters don't have sockets so that they won't be able to carry weapons in game. the only way to get this character in game is to rip it and then try and make a proper fitting rig that matches the Liandri anims and physic asset
                        The problem is the neither shadow dancer or I can use the editor...

Comment

If you can't use the editor, how on earth were you thinking of achieving this?

Originally posted by geodav View Post
                          if you check the sockets(read my tutorial) you'll find that the "cine" characters don't have sockets so that they won't be able to carry weapons in game.
                          Ok, so it does need re-rigging - but to solve a different issue.

Comment

If you can't use the editor, how on earth were you thinking of achieving this?
                            Im working with other people on this so neither I nor Shadow Dancer will be doing the archieving. Im a ps3 user so I have no mod tools, Im basicly just passing messages from person to person, getting as many people to help as possible, and helping out whenever I can.

Comment

Working...
                            X