• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    do a waterworld the movie style game.

like air buckaners for 2k4 only with boats that dont fly :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks B5GkarNarn! I've created this by mixing the game meshes no custom content. Its on my map "DM-ALRexa", Hopefuly when I'll start modelling a water vehicle I'll try to make it look similar to it in the backside.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by earthishome7569 View Post
    PM me here or send me an email or come to the clan I'm with at

http://www.immortalknightz.com

I'm not the best when it come to script... I learn pretty fast with most things I have tried I have a few people in the clan I'm with as well that is real good with making weapons and things so I'm sure we could make this happen I have tones of good Ideas for maps from vctf to war the map there is a DM map with vehicles that is a blast to play might make it war and vctf as well in the long run

if you need help with textures and things let me know I can show you how from start to finish pretty easy it just like the others the only real difference is how they do it by importing the picture then make it a material then open the editor for the material plug it in and go I can do a quick screen shot walk through for it if you need it just let me know
    I've known the idea of importing textures and creating materials already, what I'm learning now is photoshop and seems pretty easy for texturing. The dealing part is making a bump offset textures and connect them to the normal channel of the material this what I'm trying to figure out "How". Thanks I'll PM you as soon as I get my DM-ALRexa done for Phase 2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you!

Originally posted by earthishome7569 View Post
    Thank you for the link to the 3D Buzz website. It looks like it is a good starting point for a noob such as myself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i'd love to make this map run at 5 fps on any video card
    ok, i'm joking. i think that these water vehicles are a very good idea. as i only know how to make maps, i cant help you, but i'll be waiting for a release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by B5GkarNarn View Post
    How can I help those of you who are working on creating water vehicles for UT3?

I don't have any skills with 3dmax, ut3 script or anything similar. I am interested in trying to learn how to use them. Can I self-teach myself or do I have to take a class? What are the recommended system requirements for a PC that would run such type of software?

http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_home.php

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very Cool Image of a Water Vehicle!

Originally posted by HANx View Post
    I was having the idea of having boats for so long! Believe me if you haven't created this thread I would! but let's just hope someone will make the mod soon, imagine that you can use this as a boat vehicle and dive underwater at the same time.
    Thank you for that very cool image of a water vehicle! It is truly a very imaginative & innovative concept. Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Water Vehicles: How Can I Help?

How can I help those of you who are working on creating water vehicles for UT3?

I don't have any skills with 3dmax, ut3 script or anything similar. I am interested in trying to learn how to use them. Can I self-teach myself or do I have to take a class? What are the recommended system requirements for a PC that would run such type of software?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If any one knows 3dmax and want's to contribute I am looking for Jet Ski's, Sub's, boats maybe some other water crafts what ever if you can animate them that would be even better I have a boat in the works but I'm learning as I go so it will take me a long while to get it together and working if some knows how to do this it would save a lot of time on putting this together I know that much

Don't know if it matters but I am using 3dmax 9c or some junk like that lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I started making a map which will end on the beach, If there will be water vehicles i will include them and make a isle before the coast with a center node.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    omfg id love to se a underwater mod for UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HANx View Post
    I could help on the modelling part or map design "might help on texturing later which I'm learning the most for now" but I didn't have the chance to go through UScript. ATM I'm trying to finish a map hopefully before 17 OCT. once I'm done I'll make my way into this.
    PM me here or send me an email or come to the clan I'm with at

http://www.immortalknightz.com

I'm not the best when it come to script... I learn pretty fast with most things I have tried I have a few people in the clan I'm with as well that is real good with making weapons and things so I'm sure we could make this happen I have tones of good Ideas for maps from vctf to war the map there is a DM map with vehicles that is a blast to play might make it war and vctf as well in the long run

if you need help with textures and things let me know I can show you how from start to finish pretty easy it just like the others the only real difference is how they do it by importing the picture then make it a material then open the editor for the material plug it in and go I can do a quick screen shot walk through for it if you need it just let me know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I could help on the modelling part or map design "might help on texturing later which I'm learning the most for now" but I didn't have the chance to go through UScript. ATM I'm trying to finish a map hopefully before 17 OCT. once I'm done I'll make my way into this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I have been slowly working toward the same thing. I have been learning 3dmax and ut3 script so that I can do this. I was going to do it for a map I have been working on that has a lot of water and when I started to think about it the more I thought this would be real cool lets see if any one else has done it yet..... witch brought me here if there is some one that wants to work with me on this I might be able to do this with help but if not in time I will have done it myself

here is some shots of the map I have been working on and I have started some 3dmax work on a boat but it very slow and it still looks very cheesy but the map is on hold till I get it done I have a good Idea on how to do it so it just a big matter of free time to do so ........

if other are willing to help I can move things along very fast with the map and make other water type maps that would be a blast was even been thinking about using the hover board as like a ski of some kind as well so you can grapple on to a boat and be towed across the water like on ski's now how cool would that be any how hit me up by my email what ever I have lots of projects going on if you want in on it that's cool I love to map and play the game

*Edit*
    in case anyone wonders how well a big map runs this is an old pos amd 2600 xp with an agp card that gets about 100 fps on this map right now....... so it very playable

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was having the idea of having boats for so long! Believe me if you haven't created this thread I would! but let's just hope someone will make the mod soon, imagine that you can use this as a boat vehicle and dive underwater at the same time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X