Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod Idea: WATER VEHICLES!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I would like to see a map with Subs and Boats... Water vehicles is a good idea...
    I would like to make a map using boats.

    Comment


      #32
      Submarine Titans + Deep Fighter + Undertow=Underworld MOD for UT3?@_@!

      Comment


        #33
        I was having the idea of having boats for so long! Believe me if you haven't created this thread I would! but let's just hope someone will make the mod soon, imagine that you can use this as a boat vehicle and dive underwater at the same time.

        Comment


          #34
          Well I have been slowly working toward the same thing. I have been learning 3dmax and ut3 script so that I can do this. I was going to do it for a map I have been working on that has a lot of water and when I started to think about it the more I thought this would be real cool lets see if any one else has done it yet..... witch brought me here if there is some one that wants to work with me on this I might be able to do this with help but if not in time I will have done it myself

          here is some shots of the map I have been working on and I have started some 3dmax work on a boat but it very slow and it still looks very cheesy but the map is on hold till I get it done I have a good Idea on how to do it so it just a big matter of free time to do so ........








          if other are willing to help I can move things along very fast with the map and make other water type maps that would be a blast was even been thinking about using the hover board as like a ski of some kind as well so you can grapple on to a boat and be towed across the water like on ski's now how cool would that be any how hit me up by my email what ever I have lots of projects going on if you want in on it that's cool I love to map and play the game

          *Edit*
          in case anyone wonders how well a big map runs this is an old pos amd 2600 xp with an agp card that gets about 100 fps on this map right now....... so it very playable

          Comment


            #35
            I could help on the modelling part or map design "might help on texturing later which I'm learning the most for now" but I didn't have the chance to go through UScript. ATM I'm trying to finish a map hopefully before 17 OCT. once I'm done I'll make my way into this.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by HANx View Post
              I could help on the modelling part or map design "might help on texturing later which I'm learning the most for now" but I didn't have the chance to go through UScript. ATM I'm trying to finish a map hopefully before 17 OCT. once I'm done I'll make my way into this.
              PM me here or send me an email or come to the clan I'm with at

              http://www.immortalknightz.com

              I'm not the best when it come to script... I learn pretty fast with most things I have tried I have a few people in the clan I'm with as well that is real good with making weapons and things so I'm sure we could make this happen I have tones of good Ideas for maps from vctf to war the map there is a DM map with vehicles that is a blast to play might make it war and vctf as well in the long run


              if you need help with textures and things let me know I can show you how from start to finish pretty easy it just like the others the only real difference is how they do it by importing the picture then make it a material then open the editor for the material plug it in and go I can do a quick screen shot walk through for it if you need it just let me know

              Comment


                #37
                omfg id love to se a underwater mod for UT3

                Comment


                  #38
                  I started making a map which will end on the beach, If there will be water vehicles i will include them and make a isle before the coast with a center node.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    If any one knows 3dmax and want's to contribute I am looking for Jet Ski's, Sub's, boats maybe some other water crafts what ever if you can animate them that would be even better I have a boat in the works but I'm learning as I go so it will take me a long while to get it together and working if some knows how to do this it would save a lot of time on putting this together I know that much


                    Don't know if it matters but I am using 3dmax 9c or some junk like that lol

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Water Vehicles: How Can I Help?

                      How can I help those of you who are working on creating water vehicles for UT3?

                      I don't have any skills with 3dmax, ut3 script or anything similar. I am interested in trying to learn how to use them. Can I self-teach myself or do I have to take a class? What are the recommended system requirements for a PC that would run such type of software?

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Very Cool Image of a Water Vehicle!

                        Originally posted by HANx View Post
                        I was having the idea of having boats for so long! Believe me if you haven't created this thread I would! but let's just hope someone will make the mod soon, imagine that you can use this as a boat vehicle and dive underwater at the same time.
                        Thank you for that very cool image of a water vehicle! It is truly a very imaginative & innovative concept. Nice work!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by B5GkarNarn View Post
                          How can I help those of you who are working on creating water vehicles for UT3?

                          I don't have any skills with 3dmax, ut3 script or anything similar. I am interested in trying to learn how to use them. Can I self-teach myself or do I have to take a class? What are the recommended system requirements for a PC that would run such type of software?


                          http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_home.php

                          Comment


                            #43
                            i'd love to make this map run at 5 fps on any video card
                            ok, i'm joking. i think that these water vehicles are a very good idea. as i only know how to make maps, i cant help you, but i'll be waiting for a release.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Thank you!

                              Originally posted by earthishome7569 View Post
                              Thank you for the link to the 3D Buzz website. It looks like it is a good starting point for a noob such as myself.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by earthishome7569 View Post
                                PM me here or send me an email or come to the clan I'm with at

                                http://www.immortalknightz.com

                                I'm not the best when it come to script... I learn pretty fast with most things I have tried I have a few people in the clan I'm with as well that is real good with making weapons and things so I'm sure we could make this happen I have tones of good Ideas for maps from vctf to war the map there is a DM map with vehicles that is a blast to play might make it war and vctf as well in the long run


                                if you need help with textures and things let me know I can show you how from start to finish pretty easy it just like the others the only real difference is how they do it by importing the picture then make it a material then open the editor for the material plug it in and go I can do a quick screen shot walk through for it if you need it just let me know
                                I've known the idea of importing textures and creating materials already, what I'm learning now is photoshop and seems pretty easy for texturing. The dealing part is making a bump offset textures and connect them to the normal channel of the material this what I'm trying to figure out "How". Thanks I'll PM you as soon as I get my DM-ALRexa done for Phase 2.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X