Support for the Novint Falcon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for the Novint Falcon?

I am debating whether or not to purchase the Novint Falcon. The thing looks amazing! I really want to see a mod for Gears and UT3! It looks like it could keep up with the high speed action of UT3 and provide sick realism to the diverse weapons as well. Imagine feedback for guns like the biogun or vibrations from using the chainsaw. It's been development for 7 years I believe and it looks like time well spent. Right now the price is $190 and it will support games from valve, EA, and 1st party games. It's a maybe for me until a little bit more support from game devs(or the modding community ). Support for Epic games would make it a definite must buy! Here's a video of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjAxGVH1JOM

To make a mod to use this would need physics access to the Unreal Engine I believe. I am not familiar with the UT3 and GeOW mods but do you think it's possible to incorporate into Epic's games? What do you guys think about this?

Junije1's comment (the one with 10+ thumbs up) is pure class.

It looks like it has potential but unless its use is forced upon everyone one way or another, most people are probably going to avoid it in order to circumvent the 'disadvantage' of effects like recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
      Junije1's comment (the one with 10+ thumbs up) is pure class.

It looks like it has potential but unless its use is forced upon everyone one way or another, most people are probably going to avoid it in order to circumvent the 'disadvantage' of effects like recoil.
      True, but if you seen more videos of it; you can see that you have the advantage of knowing where you are getting shot from with the force feedback. I don't think the recoil is that much of an disadvantage compared to the realistic game play you get out of it.

Now I wish I got this instead of the Wii. I haven't touched it since Mario: Galaxy came out.

Comment

Well, dotrat1989, you can hear where they're shooting you.
        It seems that you hear the gun sound louder when it hits you.

Comment

I wanna try one of those. Forget the wii

Comment

Originally posted by Liqu1D_133 View Post
            Well, dotrat1989, you can hear where they're shooting you.
            It seems that you hear the gun sound louder when it hits you.
            What do you mean? You mean with surround sound that I can hear where the gun shots are coming from? I don't know about you but I have a 2.1 stereo config where you can't tell that and I doubt that alot of PC gamers have surround sound. With this, you can actually feel where the shots coming from. I really hope Epic decides to support this with the Unreal Tournament's vast modding community.

Comment

Working...
            X