GoW Weapons Update (6/9/08) NEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i know that the cover system would require a new set of maps, but thats already getting done. someone's recreating GOW maps into UT3 so he might decide to make the maps compatible with (if we get it) the cover system.

I own both GOW and UT3, but i cant play with bots in GOW so i pay UT3 instead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GoW is a completely different game and as such why are you trying to turn UT3 into it. The fact that they are both made by epic makes no difference. I don't want to sound like everyone else saying this but seriously guys, if you want to play GoW gameplay then buy GoW and play that. There is no sense is modding a game to be exactly like one that is currently out, unless you just don't want to buy it - and I am sure Epic will be pleased about that ¬_¬

Also for those who don't know. The cover system is not something that can be implemented with a mutator. It is hardwired into the maps, through a series of actors. Therefore to get a cover system would require a whole new set of maps to use it.

I can understand wanting to get the weapons and players into UT3 to use them with UT3 gameplay, but actually recreating a co-existing game is ridiculous, as well as a breach upon copyright laws, even if you don't use the content.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you could also use the reloading system and limit the amount of weapons in the players inventory (I prefer a limit of 3 weapons, two at the back and one that you carry for a more tactical game)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    secondary fire (alt fire) should be a zoom in (the type of zoom in you get from an AVRIL locking onto an enemies vehicle)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
    i always thought if there was action cam (third person view) why not add cover system and maybe make it a little more slow paced, but eh thats just what makes sense to me
    Yep I agree with u aswell
    make the cover system

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Devil-In View Post
    Why not? I don't see why people bash the cover system idea for UT3, but want to re-do GoW characters and weapons.

Personally, I would like to see a cover system implemented in UT3. GoW style or not.

If you're going to do something do it right.

NOTE: No, this doesn't mean I'm not in full support of GoW content in UT3, because I am. But...seriously, what's wrong with dodging behind a wall to avoid a Shock Combo, and then proceed to cover-fire with the Minigun? It would add a whole new level of gameplay, if implemented correctly.
    I totally agree

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i always thought if there was action cam (third person view) why not add cover system and maybe make it a little more slow paced, but eh thats just what makes sense to me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tmarsh388 View Post
    Who said we were making the cover system?
    Why not? I don't see why people bash the cover system idea for UT3, but want to re-do GoW characters and weapons.

Personally, I would like to see a cover system implemented in UT3. GoW style or not.

If you're going to do something do it right.

NOTE: No, this doesn't mean I'm not in full support of GoW content in UT3, because I am. But...seriously, what's wrong with dodging behind a wall to avoid a Shock Combo, and then proceed to cover-fire with the Minigun? It would add a whole new level of gameplay, if implemented correctly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I been waiting for this to come out
    The anticipation grows

This is the only thing im waiting for.
    Not maps. Not models. Nothing but this.

Please make this.
    I dont care how long.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So, any updates? Would love to see this come out someday.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have you asked EE to give you a hand? Maybe when he is done with his most recent creation and the Hulk models he can help you with the animations at least. You may want to hit up his site and send him a pm.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im sorry to all but Ive just been way to busy. Hopefully Ill get working on this and my other models sometime soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we see an update to this mod?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good good!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes WE are still working on it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X