No announcement yet.

GoW Weapons Update (6/9/08) NEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, yeah I want GOW Weapons on here. But do you think that you cold cook them for me as I am on the ps3?

Comment

Hey if any of you are interested in helping me program them or whatever please contact me. all I really plan on doing is modeling them and texturing ans some sound stuff so please contact me if you wanna help

Comment

Originally posted by tmarsh388 View Post
        Hey if any of you are interested in helping me program them or whatever please contact me. all I really plan on doing is modeling them and texturing ans some sound stuff so please contact me if you wanna help
        omg i cant wait, sadly i cant script

Comment

So, what's the likelihood of a tri-barreled Boomshot?

Comment

Originally posted by tmarsh388 View Post
            if you head over to unreal-station.com someone will help you out for sure

Comment

I think it would be a great idea, I would use it. Do the whole thing, weapons, able to use the chainsaw, and a cover system. Also for the Ps3 as well?

Comment

Yeah the people at unreal station would love to help.

Comment

great to know!

Comment

A cover system requires levels designed specifically to take advantage of that gameplay mechanism. I'd love to see the weapons though so please go for that. But my advice would be not to waste time on a cover mechanic unless you plan on slowing down the speed of the game, making maps, and altering the bot AI behavior from Run and Gun to Stop and Pop. Otherwise it really won't work imo. Weapons however will always work and be good ... but you may want to consider give the UT3 player the option to have reloading weapons (Gears style) or non reloading (UT3 style) ... we did that with the Halo weapons in HaloUT so that whatever type of player was using our mod that person would be happy.

Comment

About the gun, from what I can see that looks great. And a few questions:
                      Will we be able to use the chainsaw part?
                      Will this be on the Ps3 for sure?
                      What weapon do you plan on making this replace?

Lastly, although I have almost no coding experience, (except for a few CB codes awhile back), I was wondering if there is anyway possible I could help? I would probably be a nuisance though so if not I understand.

Comment

I would love this. I could brag to my 360 friends, "I got GeOW weapons on PS3!" Assuming you are making it for PS3 version aswell.....?

Comment

SWEET! If sum1 makes a cover system script or atleast a mod to make the bots be more tactical then I can toss my GoW copy

Comment

Are you also planning to make other GOW weapons, tmarsh? By the way, good luck with that weapon mod. It'll be cool using those weapons with GOW models!

Comment

This is a great thing your doing Tmarsh maybe after, you would consider making HL2 weapons maybe even some vehicles!

I agree with anuban about the cover system, i think it wouldn't fit into Ut3 very well.
                              the option for reloading or not sounds good as well.

Anyway I cant wait for your first beta's (assuming there will be beta's). The models lookawesome so far, can't wait to see them textured!

Comment

Wow, the model looks amazing! If you can't use custom sounds for the PS3 version, maybe you could use some reving sound of one of the vehicles or something. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X