Exsanguination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exsanguination

I don't know if anything like this has ever done in UT moddin g, but it would be neat if someone could make a mutator that would allow for bleeding damage. I was thinking maybe set default health to 200, then a if a player gets dealt, lets say, 50 damage inside of 2 seconds, then they start bleeding, and lose an additional 10 health for each second until they pick up a health, which will then only stop the bleeding, not heal them. Healths would only heal if no bleeding was occurring. Further, perhaps, if they take 100 damage in a single blow, they could be ragdolled as well, like the raggy weapons mod. But mainly the bleeding thing would really make things interesting. Anybody else think this would be cool? Could really go with some of the realistic weapon mods ppl r making.

check out bloodtrails, closest thing so far

Comment

Seems easy enough in principle. I don't know if this approach is efficient, but others can comment:

* Spawn all pawns with a "bleeding" inventory item
      * Make a GameRule with NetDamage that reports all damage to a Pawn's Bleeding inventory item, then run a BleedCheck() on the Inventory Item.
      * All of your criteria should be in the Bleeding inventory item, and BleedCheck should crunch the numbers. If it's above a certain threshold, then SetTimer to your bleeding interval. You can spawn extra blood if you want. As for the knockdown, just see the DarkWalker code (they call it the "horn") to see how that works.

Comment

Working...
      X