Super streamlined HUD mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    no, you get to know them when they matter. when youre taking damage the health meter shows up, when you collect hp pickup, it also shows up. unless you have a short term memory of a fish, you don't need to have it on all the time to know how much hp you have. the only reference you will need is the last time you picked up a hp or armor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    S'like what they have going for Gears. It's a good idea, but the competitive dudes around here like to remove everything that hinders their ability to kill (post processing, ambient sounds, and sometimes even weapon displays), and not knowing how much health or ammo you have at any given time could be something of a hindrance.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Super streamlined HUD mutator

Super streamlined HUD mutator

i love this hud idea, and it already looks fantastic applied to COD4. i am talking about COD4's hardcore mode. where there's no display of any kind on your HUD. not only does it take away all the distraction from the visuals, but it also makes the game more immersive. COD4's hardcore HUD is to FPS what ipod's control is to mp3 player interface. it is simply the new golden standard. UT3 needs something like this. i play it with my HUD off in order to make it more engaging. however, the player status is something of a vital information. so, i propose a HUD where the health indicator, ammo indicator, and the crosshair, only comes on when they need to. in normal viewing mode, there will be no HUD. no clutter of obtrusive numbers or letters of any kind. however, when you pick up health, your health meter will blink on telling you how much of it you have. when you are taking damage your health blinker will also come on again. with weapons, when you pick up ammo, the ammo bar will come on, when you're firing your weapon the ammo bar will also come on. the crosshair- i'd imagine most people would prefer it left on. but i'd like to see it only come on when it is aimed at enemy players. so now we have a HUD that only shows you what you need to know, when you need to know. if anybody disagrees that simpler hud is better, i urge you to play UT3 with the hud off just once. or go see how many people are playing hardcore COD4 instead of regular COD4. you could be surprised.
Working...
X