Screenshot mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screenshot mode

it there a UT3 mod screenshot mode in which a placer can view a bot battle and take screenshors??

open dm-gateway?spectatoronly=1 where dm-gateway is whatever map you want to load. Use showhud to remove the hud pieces. tiledshot 5 (or any other number) will get you nice, high-res screenshots.

Comment

sorry for the n00bness but what??

Comment

Load up a map as normal in your chosen gametype. Set the bots to Godlike or some such so they're more interesting. Once the match has started, press Tab or F10 to enable the entry of console commands.
        Enter the text I listed above: ( open dm-gateway?spectatoronly=1 ) [Deathmatch=DM, Capture the flag=CTF, Vehicle capture the flag=VCTF, Warfare=WAR. whatever gametype you chose at the beginning will determine the rules that are applied to the map] and it will load that map in "spectator" mode. This will let the bots play out normally, but you will be an invisible floating camera. You can view the objectives (flag or orb) by clicking, and different bots by scrolling w/ the mouse wheel.
        If you press Tab or F10 again and enter showhud, you can remove any display overlays. Then, if you press Tab specifically (F10 will bring down the entire console and cause potential problems with screenshots,) and type tiledshot 5 (or any other number, but keep it small, 5-10) the game will take a series of screenshots in 5 rows and 5 columns, then combine them into a huge, high-detail shot.
        The command Playersonly will freeze time so pause the game at a cool moment, press Tab and enter Playersonly, then unpause and line-up the perfect shot.
        Alternately you can use shot or F9 to take regular, smaller resolution screenshots.

Of course, if you're on the PS3 version, you're outta' luck, as far as I know, unless the PS3 version allows access to the console. I don't think you'd be looking for screenshots on the PS3 version, though, anyway. Not without a capture card or something...

Comment

Working...
        X