Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assualt Question - Please tell me that its possible..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assualt Question - Please tell me that its possible..

I have been checking from time to time with major interest on how people are bringing back assault type maps with attack/defend and objectives......my favorite game type from the lasat UT game. However, my favorite map was the one that had the space fighters at the beginning......would that be possible for UT3? In other words, could we in theory build a map, assault or whatever, that can start out with the space fighters, then land and then whatever like the assault map from ut2004? It wouldn't even have to be "destroy the Capital Ship", even if just for a couple of minutes of dogfighting then landing for ground deathmatch

Please tell me its possible

Originally posted by Nevermore2782 View Post
    I have been checking from time to time with major interest on how people are bringing back assault type maps with attack/defend and objectives......my favorite game type from the lasat UT game. However, my favorite map was the one that had the space fighters at the beginning......would that be possible for UT3? In other words, could we in theory build a map, assault or whatever, that can start out with the space fighters, then land and then whatever like the assault map from ut2004? It wouldn't even have to be "destroy the Capital Ship", even if just for a couple of minutes of dogfighting then landing for ground deathmatch

Please tell me its possible
    well belive it or not its possible to make assualt a gametype but will take lots of programeing to do also they combined assualt with onslaught to make warfare wich epic folishly did but it is possibl nether the less but highly unlikely anyone will make assualt for a year at least sorry bud

Comment

That mothership map is doable, but it is a lot of work. Size of torlan, but you need to make it indoor, no shortcuts to fill empty spaces with terrain/rocks. DM gateway has 3 different "sub maps" so making mothership with outside space and indoor is not big problem.

But making everything work in Kismet and testing it. Then making it all work in PS3. Is a lot of work

I think Epic gave bigger autonomy to bots, they try to "think", take shortcuts, find teleport destination or liftjump. While it works on simple DM like maps, it fails with things like elevator+button trigger (like was on DM-phobos in UT99). So bots done some step forward but considering more complicated trigger setups they even worse than UT99.

Just look at how much troubles with misbehaving bots has ShadeMistress with his/her ONS map that has one door opened by vehicle only. So until we know how to manage bots with more complicated kismet triggers, only versions without bots will be possible.

And nobody will play assault without bot support. UT3 is not that popular online game, I hope it improves.

Comment

Working...
      X