Freefalling Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
    There's acceleration due to gravity (I know from my translocator flight attempts) though I'm not sure if the is a critical velocity at which air resistance prevents further acceleration (I doubt there is though).
    Well if you look into advanced physics using the velocity addition formula, in a vacuum, an object accelerating forever will never reach terminal velocity (the speed of light).

Comment

Umm I dont think I'm putting this level into production because the bot pathing would be impossible.

Comment

Whoa

Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
        Well, if you work it out this way:
        Let's say the distance is a full 20.km.
        (t^2) = 20000m/((1/2)(9.81m/s^2))
        t = 64s <-That's without air resistance--only a little over a minute.
        Here's the speed you will be going when you hit the ground:
        vf = (9.81m/s^2)(64s)
        vf = 630m/s <-That's about 1400mph. Seems a bit ridiculous, don't you think? Free-falling at mach 2, you'd probably be dead.

Now my question is, does UT3 have acceleration due to gravity, or do ragdolls fall at a constant speed? Or even better, have acceleration until 'air resistance' prevents further velocity accumulation?
        Dude are you some kind of math whiz. I'm in high school and i don't understand it. It's really cool you understand it

Comment

Or he took high school physics. Anyway, I think it would be best if you faked the effect with a super strong wind tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by Madgobbo View Post
            Or he took high school physics. Anyway, I think it would be best if you faked the effect with a super strong wind tunnel.
            Make the sky texture pan while the players stand on an invisible floor? lol 'faking it' doesn't seem necessary. Also, I don't know how you would create a physical wind tunnel in Unreal Ed, unless you are talking about a tornado, which requires cyclonic forcefield.

Comment

Working...
            X