Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the Devil Behind Canvas Project Need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Devil Behind Canvas Project Need your help!

Hi people!

I'm here to share some ideas with you and I hope to get some feedback and help from all of you!
    As a gamer for more than ten year and a modder for over 3 years, I got the original idea from several paintings I've done, I realized that this could be turned into a video game format. So I started to think about the story and the gameplay, and here are some original concept artworks I've done.

The game will be a 3rd person action adventure. Basically the story is about a little girl's adventure between the worlds of her father's paintings, it's something of a dark fairy tale. There's one big horror story behind this and for now I can't talk more about it and the game would feature a unique "traumatized gameplay" and a multi-layered level layout. Now I just want to share some of the artworks I've done for the project and get some opinion/comments from people. I don't wanna rush into anything yet since I'm serious about the project but I do need all the help I can get. No matter what part you are interested into the project, please notify me. I would think about the future team format and I appreciate all your attention.

I am a university student who has passion in video games, and I am an experienced concept artist and modeler, I also make UT maps (CTF-UCMP2-Rottencity was released with the UCMP2 map pack for UT2004), so I understand the basics about designing a game. I worked mostly by myself so far but I do have some hands from the community, if it goes well then we may start an actual development in the future. Since it's a project without any investment and license right now, it'll appear as this UE3 mod first. But the main goal is to make something that really unique, artistic and it has its own style, well, for both gameplay and visual.

Most important thing of all, LET'S HAVE FUN !

Anybody who has interest please ps me or send email to
    guesscui@msn.com

If you have some cool ideas related to the project, you're welcome to leave a message to tell us!

Thanks in advance!

Guesscui

Comment

Comment

This last image is screenshots taken from the interactive storyboard I made for the project.
        Some of the scenes are rendered in UT2k4 editor in the early days.
        It doesn't show anything about the gameplay yet.

Comment

Sounds like it has an enormous amount of potential. I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to a project - but if you need advise concerning design, feasibility and and specific technical aspects, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Comment

Woaw! love it.. nice artwork you got there mate !

Comment

No more reply? Currently the project is looking for an experienced programmer as the technique leader of the project. If you know anybody who has the ability to take this job, please notify me, thanks!

Comment

Wow, just wow! This is awesome work and a great concept for a project

Reminds me alittle of the 7th guest with the stairs and stuff. Man I so wish I had the time to help you out but I got my own projects and other projects Im helping on atm.

Just stopped by to say how much I dig this idea

Comment

Thanks to all!
                  At this moment the project is still at the beginning stage.
                  I won't make a rush on it until I think I'm ready to go.
                  It's still hard to find experienced programmers to deal with the technology. So my concentrate is still on the idea polishing and I think I do need to write a detailed design document. Then if it's hard to make this mod work I'll go directly to the publisher or any people who can support the project with some investment.
                  I'll build up a website for the project soon, you'll find more info there~

Comment

a new environment concept update~

Comment

this looks awesome !! lol id like to play but im a noob when it comes to editing so no help here sorry

Comment

C'mon!

Comment

Thanks to all!

I know it's hard to get people's attention with so little info about the gameplay. Basically you play as Amy, the daughter of the dark artist Edward, who has the ability to change the reality by painting things, what he paint will become real. The special part about this project is the unique level structure. I want to bring player a lively environment, or we can say a living environment. In most shooters or action games, after your enemies are killed, exploring the environment is just a boring task. But here I want to introduce something different, to make players always wondering, by bring you a traumatized system. I want to make the mental health a part of your life. Means that you have to keep your mental health good, or you lose your mind and see things differently, things will move, strange sound will appear, colors will look weird, but at this point, the game could be much harder. The level structure will change during your mental health is low. I think we can totally do it with scripted movers or switching level layouts at a centain time. But it's too hard for me to do it all by my self. I do need a few experienced programmers and some experienced mappers. And I mean serious about the project since it's been in my head for years. If you think this idea may sell and you as a player want to see this result, PLEASE HELP ME, PLEASE! Let other people know about this project! I need all the help I can get, to make it work! And I won't let it die while I know there's still hope.

I'll write a detailed design document soon. If you are interested into the project, no matter which part you want to be in, PLEASE CONTACT ME!

guesscui@msn.com

Comment

Man I hope someone helps you, those concepts are amazing. Maybe Put a link to the thread in your sig, so that you get more people with experience(which I have none) to check this out and maybe help you. Good Luck!

Comment

A new creature design~
                              Hope u like it~

Comment

Working...
                              X