New Mod creation team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mod creation team

I'm looking to assemble a new mod creation team.
    We need a graphics designer, physician, coder, and ps3 cooker.
    We would be creating ideas from me and the general public.
    If you apply for any of the above, it doesn't mean you can't carry on soloing, or that you have to stick to that one job.

I don't ctually make mods myself, but i believe we could make some great ones if we put our noggins together.

Current crew members:
    Lanokar

You'll need to actually have an idea to get people together and also have something you can do yourself.

Right now you don't have anything that would attract people to join.

Comment

What would being a mod teams physician entail?

Comment

i think he means physicist

Comment

lol jk, either way, I think that would fall under the mapper/coder category then.

Comment

Weapon FTW !

here, i have an idea. Click HERE

Hope you like it, because it's really a weapon UT3 needs imo

Comment

Originally posted by Lanokar View Post
              I'm looking to assemble a new mod creation team.
              We need a graphics designer, physician, coder, and ps3 cooker.
              We would be creating ideas from me and the general public.
              If you apply for any of the above, it doesn't mean you can't carry on soloing, or that you have to stick to that one job.

I don't ctually make mods myself, but i believe we could make some great ones if we put our noggins together.

Current crew members:
              Lanokar
              Sorry to stomp on you, but you really need to have some clue what you're talking about before trying to recruit a mod team - try learning a tangeable skill, and joining another team for experience first, before thinking about starting your own. Generally you don't have a 'graphics designer', 'physician' or 'ps3 cooker' in a team. You have 2d and 3d artists, level designers (technical, material and lighting these days) as well as riggers, animators and numerous other more specific 3d roles. I have no idea what you mean by a physician, because that's a doctor. Most programmers are more than competent enough to press a button that says 'cook' and read the output logs, so a 'ps3 cooker' is redundant.

Like I said, learn a skill, get some experience, then join a team. Don't try starting one.

Comment

@ Ambershee

You look like a pretty experienced modder. so i'm asking you if you can make .. aah never mind.. i gues you got your own ideas to do.. sorry for your time

Comment

You're probably right, but I don't own UT3 for PC is there still a way to mod?
                  I'd really like to try it.

Comment

No, you can't mod the game without the PC version.

Comment

Do you know if the Demo works?

Comment

I can tell you from experience that if you don't have UED then you cannot do anything for a mod team but test content. You cannot lead talented people who are actually the creators if you don't even have the UED ... you have to learn something or be willing to try and learn so you can assist the devs with the smaller development tasks. You will need to look at the content in the editor most of the time, and also its important for your team to respect you over the long haul and the less skills you have the harder that is (and no modder is going to respect a leader who doesn't have the editor). And before you recruit already have your mod idea pretty clearly thought out and well defined in some document so everyone can read through it and understand what is expected of them. People like to have well defined roles and goals on mod teams.

Comment

I agree, however I still want to find a way to use the editor without buying the full game again.
                          I tried downloading the demo...
                          i havent got it to work yet though...

Comment

You need the full game. There is no other way.

Comment

Oh ****!!!!
                              lol epic, us ps3 owners need a way to mod plz!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X