Unreal Paintball Tournament 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Paintball Tournament 3

First of all greetings to all the people here its my first post here (of hopefully many to come)

Since i dont have the pc version of the game ( cant run it ) i bought the ps3 version of the game and love it so far.

While playing i had this idea for a mutator/gamemode.

Basicly its paintball in UT3. I know there is already a mutator that makes paint decals instead of bullets but id like to take it a few steps further.

Here's the rundown :

1) 2 4-player teams (red and blue). this is map based i think set by the mapper see further for details

2) each player has an enforcer that shoots paintballs ( 200 paintballs) instead of bullets but not in a straight line but in a downwards arch.

3) if possible personalised paint , can maybe be configured by the player to choose a personal colour to identify hits on walls.

4) "tagged" ppl remain seen as in "dead bodies do not evaporate for the remainder of the round. Since it are only 8 ppl there shouldnt be too much strain on the engine .

5) To make the immersion complete it would be nice to have like 2-3 paintball arena style maps (or even nature style maps).
    with the possibility of custom content the amount of maps that can be made specifically for this gametype/mutator are endless.

6) this mutator/gamemode could be played on a number of mapstyles (TDM- CTF-...)

Since i only have the ps3 version i obvisously cant try to create this but maybe someone who likes this idea and has the means to do so might give it a try.

so to conclude : 2 4-player teams , enforcer only shoots paintballswith a gravity arch so its not straight, maybe personalised paintcolor, maps designed specifically designed for this gametype/mutator. this idea doesnt require any new custom art except maybe for static meshes in the specific paintball maps.

so tell me what you guys (and girls) think of this idea for a mutator/gamemode and if its do-able.

accually if you care.. there is a mod that makes it so all weapons shoot paint balls.. lemme try to find the link.

Comment

This would be insane. I requested this like a month before the game even came out on PC. Except I disagree about the arch bullet path. I would prefer normal shooting. It would force ppl to be more tactical and take more cover.

Here's my thread... http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=581420

Comment

by arch bullet i mean they dont go in a straight line forever they eventually hit the floor , sure at close distance they go pretty much straight. so it forces ppl to get close and personal.

i hope someone gives it a shot , i have no idea how to do unrealscript.
        maybe the guy who made the paintball decal mutator could keep adding changes so it eventually becomes something like our ideas.

fingers crossed

Comment

Persoanaly I think Cryengine2 would be better suited for a paintball mod, its easier to sculpt terrain and weapon editing, including bullet dropoff, is very easy. I already made a gun in crysis shoot paintballs that has a drop off similiar to a actual paintball fired at 270 fps. I also changed the speed of the bullet to travel at ~270 fps (by placing a wall 270 feet away from a set point and firing then changing the bullet velocity until it took exactly 1 second to hit the wall.) I don't know the peak trajectory of a paintball, though I think its different for each marker and depends on the barrel length. I would like to find out though, maybe Ill go to a field this summer and try a number of different markers. I never got around to making the impact effect into a paintball splatter but I know how and its fairly easy. Theres a mod team that is making a paintball mod for crysis as well, though I have not heard much from them. Maybe you should look into that?

Someday maybe I'll get around to actually finishing the paintball marker.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Grin View Post
            Persoanaly I think Cryengine2 would be better suited for a paintball mod, its easier to sculpt terrain and weapon editing, including bullet dropoff, is very easy. I already made a gun in crysis shoot paintballs that has a drop off similiar to a actual paintball fired at 270 fps. I also changed the speed of the bullet to travel at ~270 fps (by placing a wall 270 feet away from a set point and firing then changing the bullet velocity until it took exactly 1 second to hit the wall.) I don't know the peak trajectory of a paintball, though I think its different for each marker and depends on the barrel length. I would like to find out though, maybe Ill go to a field this summer and try a number of different markers. I never got around to making the impact effect into a paintball splatter but I know how and its fairly easy. Theres a mod team that is making a paintball mod for crysis as well, though I have not heard much from them. Maybe you should look into that?

Someday maybe I'll get around to actually finishing the paintball marker.
            If you want to be looking at a paintball marker for UT3, i recommend this gun. I have it in real life too!

But make sure the barrel is a hell of a lot longer, otherwise it wont look as good. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X