Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
    Wait, we actually need to support the fact that keyboard and mouse is more responsive than a gamepad?

*facepalm*

Either way, I, the OP, and others would enjoy a mutator that brought the game to console-speed.

I use both keyboard and mouse, and controller, don't notice a difference anymore when I switch between them, anyway I second your motion, it would be nice to have a universal server that all platforms could play on, even if it was slower like the console version of the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im sure there might be people who would like the opposite as well, it goes more to the control option is what Im saying than the platform. So in saying console-speed you would infact be saying gamepad-speed, which makes alot more sense to me as to why you would like something like this.

What Im trying to say is that if I start a game there should be rules to support either, so gamepads only would adjust everything in the game like what the OP is asking, keyboard/mouse only would adjust everything to PC speed no matter what platform you are on.

Im taking a guess but Id say the PS3 version is the same speed no matter what control option just like PC? Honestly I think this is more an issue for Epic as anything you do with a mod isnt going to be as good as what Epic could do. But hey dont let that stop you if you want to go ahead and do this request.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wait, we actually need to support the fact that keyboard and mouse is more responsive than a gamepad?

*facepalm*

Either way, I, the OP, and others would enjoy a mutator that brought the game to console-speed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    Yeah I kinda fail to see the point in this one, I would much rather cross-platform servers with the option to play gamepad vs gamepad or kb/m vs kb/m!
    Yea I agree, people that sometimes feel like playing at fast pace, and other times slower, heck sometimes I still play Ghost Recon or Socom games just to sneak up and snipe from a distance... we as gamers are diverse people, it would be nice to have the speed mods to reflect these desires.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah I kinda fail to see the point in this one, I would much rather cross-platform servers with the option to play gamepad vs gamepad or kb/m vs kb/m!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
    Wrong. And that doesn't change the fact that some might enjoy the game more playing at a slower speed using a gamepad... hence Epic's decision to slow it down on console.
    LOL! I'm not even going to start contributing to this one, but I will say also... 'WRONG!' hence "I f'ing said so!" so um... there? prove it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kedaro View Post
    Well there's your problem right there, don't use a controller if you aren't as good with one, haha!, I use a controller mostly but that's because my kids F up my mouse a lot ... so it's un-usable for video games, once you get enough practice with a controller there is virtually no difference in reaction time, it just takes getting used to IMO.
    Wrong. And that doesn't change the fact that some might enjoy the game more playing at a slower speed using a gamepad... hence Epic's decision to slow it down on console.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jagnot View Post
    (I don't play online)

I could, but my reflexes are still slower on a gamepad.

@ UT2004Addict: Thanks for the info, but my only skill is level design, I have no clue how to script/use kismet.
    Well there's your problem right there, don't use a controller if you aren't as good with one, haha!, I use a controller mostly but that's because my kids F up my mouse a lot ... so it's un-usable for video games, once you get enough practice with a controller there is virtually no difference in reaction time, it just takes getting used to IMO.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ight=battlemod

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want a mutator that slows the movement speed down to console-speed as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    (I don't play online)

Really? you can't just switch some options of sensitivity when the controller is hooked up to pc?
    I could, but my reflexes are still slower on a gamepad.

@ UT2004Addict: Thanks for the info, but my only skill is level design, I have no clue how to script/use kismet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jagnot View Post
    I hooked up my 360 controller and got it working, but when I play I get spanked by bots because I can't turn as fast as if I used a mouse.

I know I *could* use a mouse, but sometimes I feel like using a controller.

Is there a mod that slows down your speed while on foot? Not weapon fire or vehicle speed, just foot speed.

Thanks in advance!
    Really? you can't just switch some options of sensitivity when the controller is hooked up to pc?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yo

Check out the old UT2004 mutators for speed. I think the main vars for controlling that stuff are found in xPawn, but you'll have to compare the new U3 version to see what's up.

If that doesn't work for you, then you can go to my site and download the MedEvac, and check out how the healthpacks work. They boost your speed, so slowing it down should be accomplished in a similar way.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hmm... not sure. but why do that, because when you play online play you will get ur ***** handed to you

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [REQz] 80% movement speed?

[REQz] 80% movement speed?

I hooked up my 360 controller and got it working, but when I play I get spanked by bots because I can't turn as fast as if I used a mouse.

I know I *could* use a mouse, but sometimes I feel like using a controller.

Is there a mod that slows down your speed while on foot? Not weapon fire or vehicle speed, just foot speed.

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X