Requests/Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requests/Ideas

Hey, Im a PS3 user and here are some of my ideas that I think would be great for this game.
    Maps:
    Carnival: I think a carnival map would be great in this game. A room with a bunch of mirrors and a haunted house in this map would make this map one of the best !
    Graveyard: A spooky feeling map would be great. I've never seen any graveyard maps yet, so this would be great with all the coffins, gravestones, etc.
    The Simpsons: Springfield: A map of the tv show, the simpsons and their neighbourhood would be a awesome idea. This map would probably be a popular map due to all the simpson fans out there.
    Hell: A Hell like map would be nice. Should include fire, alot of red, lava, etc..

Mods:

Swords: For you who have played unreal championship 2. Do you guys remember the swords that you could have ? Well i think it would be a great idea having them in ut3.
    Bigger characters: The characters look pretty small. I think it would look much better if they were a little bigger. A mod making them bigger would be great.
    Grenades: This game would be great if there were grenades in it. A grenade mod would be great. The grenade could be some future grenade or something. Not like the grenades we have today. It could be like a grenade that explodes and spikes come out or something like that.

Game Types:
    There isn't many game types there for the ps3. But I've been thinking alot, and came up with some pretty good ideas.
    This is for people who play cod4. Its like search and destroy. But instead, one team has to bring the flag to the enemys base. The enemy has 2 bases, and the team with the flag , has to bring it to one of the 2. If you die, you dont respawn. This match is up to 4. Once 3 games are played, the two teams switch sides. The team who was defending their base, NOW has to bring the flag, vice versa.

Heres another one from cod4. Sabotage. Its exactly the same as the cod4 one. For those who do not know, sabotage is used with 2 teams and 1 bomb. The bomb is planted in the middle. The 2 teams must now race to the bomb. The team with the bomb has to now plant the explosives the the enemies base. Its like search and destroy (idea above) but here you respawn.

Another one from cod4. Headquarters. 2 teams must capture headquarters. The headquarters is placed anywhere on the map. The 2 teams must then race to it. They must capture HQ, which will probably take a couple of seconds. Once captured, they must defend it, and the other team must try to destroy it. Once destroyed, another HQ is located on the map. Btw, if you die while you captures HQ, you dont respawn until the next HQ is located. You get 5 points for every 3 seconds. First one up to 250 is the winner.

Well, those are most of my ideas. If anyone wants to use them and create the maps, mods, etc.. Then can you please let me know and keep me updated Feel free to email me if your interested of my ideas: pr0blemz@hotmail.com
    Thanks Alot.

Wow. A carnival map would be absolutely amazing. And it would be colorful for a change!

Someone has to put a redeemer at the top of a ferris wheel!

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
      Wow. A carnival map would be absolutely amazing. And it would be colorful for a change!

Someone has to put a redeemer at the top of a ferris wheel!
      ahaha yeah that would be sick.

Comment

About the Sabotage: Is that not quite the same as the UT2004 Mode Bombing-Run? I mean two teams, one bomb at the middle of the Map . . .
        Actually I think a remake of the Assault would be great too . . . I mean the warfare mode is a bit too much like onslaught . . .
        And yeah why dont make something like the Ion Painter and the target painter? ^^

Comment

Originally posted by DIVINA_ View Post
          ahaha yeah that would be sick.
          And when you said a grenade that "like spikes come out of" etc... you mean like in Resistance, where every spike that leaves the grenade has it's own individual impact percentage, and damage ratio... unfortunately that's not possible on UT3 engine without extensive scripting knowledge, The guys behind Resistance spent a lot of time perfecting that, I doubt any mods will get close to that anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kedaro View Post
            ... I doubt any mods will get close to that anytime soon.
            Oh please. Been there, done that.

http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/c2_s...law2/claw2.jpg

Next!

Comment

^^ make one =)

Comment

Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
                Oh please. Been there, done that.

http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/c2_s...law2/claw2.jpg

Next!
                Yea prove it! read up on the Chimeran spike-based Grenade and get back to me on those physics ever running in a UT3 engine, let alone mod, also explain how it doesn't affect gameplay-framerate-lag-any of the above, while you're at it.

Comment

^ yeah i wanna see proof lolz

Comment

a friend and myself are toying around with creating a Graveyard map...

of course, we arent certain yet as we have maps of our own we are working on, and the idea may not go ahead yet...

even so, thought id say in case it happens

Comment

^^ ahah, dat would be great if u guys go on with it..hopefully u guys do lolz..best of luck with your other projects tho

Comment

thanks

[THIS SHORT PARAGRAPH SERVES THE SOUL PURPOSE OF USING UP THE EXTRA CHARACTERS NEEDED TO ALLOW ME TO POST THE AFORE MESSAGE (AND SOME) . HAVE A NICE DAY]

Comment

To all the generous modders out there, who help people, and consider idea pruposals before completely dismissing them, I tip my hat too ye', keep up the great work, you guys rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Kedaro View Post
                            ...and consider idea pruposals before completely dismissing them...
                            Originally posted by Kedaro
                            Yea prove it! read up on the Chimeran spike-based Grenade and get back to me on those physics ever running in a UT3 engine, let alone mod, also explain how it doesn't affect gameplay-framerate-lag-any of the above, while you're at it.
                            A bit hypocritical are we?

Anyhow, any or all of these ideas are great ones.

I have been entertaining the idea of making a Cemetery in the future as a decent eerie deathmatch map, we'll have to see when I get there.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadeMistress View Post
                              A bit hypocritical are we?

Anyhow, any or all of these ideas are great ones.

I have been entertaining the idea of making a Cemetery in the future as a decent eerie deathmatch map, we'll have to see when I get there.
                              The argument was about the specific calculations needed to recreate the exact grenade from Resistance, I really don't think it's possible, sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, didn't mean to. I mean seriously in Resistance there could be ten of those grenades going off around 12 online players running around shooting at the same time, and there is little to no slow down or frame drop whatsoever. And also technically I'm not a modder yet, I've only dabbled so I'm not really the most qualified to give a proper answer as to whether this grenade could be recreated, or not. It's just what I feel to be outta' the realm of possibility or maybe out of the realm of patience of an amatuer developer? could be that I came from a heated debate right before typing it too... idunno.

In any case I appologize.

Comment

Working...
                              X