Weapon Idea: Tarydium Cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon Idea: Tarydium Cannon

I had a thought today about the only obvious Tarydium weapon in the game being the Stinger Minigun, which only uses small shards.

I thought it would be neat to have a gun that fires larger Tarydium Crystals that would stick into the target, then explode and cause additional damage, I guess similar to the Needler shards from Halo.

Secondary fire could cause the crystals to detonate early (a few feet in front of you) and the shards would continue forward and spread like a shotgun, but be able to ricochet off walls.

I'd like to try my hand at something similar once I finish learning this new 3D modelling program, but it would be cool if another modder could look into it too.

Just an idea at any rate.

Technically, the Bio Rifle uses a Tarydium bi-product, basically making it Tarydium sludge. A Needler-like weapon could be interesting, but it'd have to work fast to hold its own against the other weapons.

Comment

Cool idea... Btw, maybe you could first try making a 'simple' (?) shotgun function where altfire shoots 7 or so shards simultaneously in a fairly tight spread. Even better if you can pin people to walls while they're still alive. Humiliation! High ammo consumption and low ROF would provide the necessary balance.

Comment

or why not use the unreal graphics and physics engines to make a needler even more pretty and interesting than the one in halo 3?

or if you really insist on the changes you've listed already, just make them as a possible combo attack for the stinger's alt fire. making a whole new weapon just to have a couple new tweaks on an existing one seems like a waste.

Comment

Working...
        X