X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Solid Project, interested?

[please, understand that my english isn't perfect at all when I'm writing]

Hi guys/ girls ,

I have a great vision that I will do all what I can to bring it to life. This Vision is a Multiplayer Game (MOD) based on UE3 that will be a crazy Action Game, the goal is to bring to life a next "Classic Hit" that would be played for a minimum of 7 years, the next "Counter-Strike" if you prefer, but well it's really not Counter-Strike.

The real goal behind this Project is to create some kind of "Prototype" for a real Next Gen FPS genre to help make it become possible in the next years.

If you enjoy playing or creating mods, I strongly suggest you to read what is following here, because it's for you, GAMERS of this world.

Why would I do anything to create this mod?
    A lot of gamers are waiting an awesome action game, but during the last Seven years what have we got? The same thing all over and over again and the Devs sometimes too much preoccupied to make $$$ prefer to copy all over again the old and simple formula. You (gamers) need and hope something new and fresh and you buy the cool new game each times, but when you play it... nothing is really new. Many Devs are giving us Tools to see what the Fans will create to better know what they wants, because they really don't know what we needs, it's kind of ironic... but it's real. Here is a way to shake them up and say : "Hey! We really need something new and fresh! Make something! Too risky? Then just look at here what we have done and it totally works! Players all over the world love it!".

"Machinima fanatic would also be served with this MOD!"

And maybe we will finally see a true Next Generation fighting for Fun New Gameplays and Concepts... rather than Graphics because at the point we are now... graphics are great enough and it turns to be more about Art Direction than graphics.

It's cool, but why would we work particularly on your MOD?
    Because I'm not doing it for me, but for all the Action Game fans offering them a game that could let them be the Action Character they always dreamed to be or play with. This game (MOD) is also being Design to help in the Human Development Process in many ways so you would not Only play a game, have good time, play with your friends, develop totally new strategies, incredible amount of fun.. but you would also know better yourself through it. I know it could sound weird, the first time... but video games are one of the most powerful tool for the human development process, but I'll not go too deep into that for now.

What would this game look like?
    Having his own universe, this game possesses futuristic, modern & medieval elements at the same time. It's all about design and appeal for this part.

Sounds cool, but can you give me an overview?
    Yes, I will. The main concept is simple and this would be what we would aim first:

CHARACTERS
    - Male character: 5 different skins(styles) OR character customization
    - Female character: 5 different skins(styles) OR character customization
    - 5 different profiles (classes) OR gaining experience pts by depending of what you do use.

GAMETYPES
    - Free for All
    - Team Deathmatch
    - Capture the Flag[object]

WEAPONS & GADGETS
    - All the weapons are balanced and kick ***.
    - If you master your weapon, your skills can make a difference
    - If you aren't good at aiming, your head can NOW make a difference
    - Exploit your environment wisely depending of your setup.

TDM GAMEPLAY EXAMPLE:
    - Start the game by setting up your weapons & items, everything you choose can affect your strategies
    - Depending of the map and the environment, many other weapons could be found on the map.
    - You could also use Vehicles depending of the maps (optionnal for the moment)
    - A lot of Teamwork can be required to move around the environment, but a Lone Wolf player could also well perform alone.

MAIN FEATURES
    0. A whole new Game Universe for a great new Franchise
    1. New ways to move in your environment
    2. Redefined Health System
    3. Bringing back Medieval, modern et cyberpunk looks in ONE game
    4. Redefining the FPS action by the Overall content [gadgets, weapons, environment features, etc]
    5. Bringing to life action movie style scenes.
    6. Gameplay forcing Teamwork, strategies, improvisation and emergent gameplays
    7. Let you play the way you want to play it [passive, offensive, defensive, stealth, fighting!!?, etc]

= = = = = = =
    IMPORTANT
    = = = = = = =
    I'm currently learning UE3 more deeply before getting too serious about the creation of this Prototype. I post this to see how many amateurs, semi-professionals & professionals would be interested to work on this kind of Project, because it's a great project... but asking a good amount of work and dedication. This Project is exploiting the strongest elements out there and bringing them in ONE game [stealth, fighting, shooting, tactics, movements, gadgets, teamwork, etc]. This Game would be a pioneer for a True Next Gen Multiplayer Experience.

I choose UE3 because this Engine has a lot of potential and the Project could be transfered on UE4 if necessary.

I'll do the Game Design job, what will probably change during the pre-prod and the production for changes. I'll also Level Design and help a lot with this part. The Game (MOD) itself isn't really complicated, but requires to create a few new Features that I can't talk about yet for the safety of this project.

If you are already engaged in another MOD at the moment, don't worry... this MOD isn't really planned to start before June 2008. I need experienced people who would be able to Co-Lead with me this project and many experienced, talented, professional or passionated people who would want to help to bring to life this awesome Multiplayer Game that could become one of the strongest Franchise out there.

Thx,
    Khris

sounds great!

i always liked dciencevfiction and medieval ages^^
    looking forward to this.

Comment

Sounds like you've got a good plan. I probably won't get an awful lot of time to help out with the project directly, but if you like, I can scan through your design and see if I can pick out difficulties / issues, and propose possible solutions?

As it's a TC, it would also help me bear in mind what other people may require to get it started, which will help me and my team create a downloadable TC framework package

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
        Sounds like you've got a good plan. I probably won't get an awful lot of time to help out with the project directly, but if you like, I can scan through your design and see if I can pick out difficulties / issues, and propose possible solutions?

As it's a TC, it would also help me bear in mind what other people may require to get it started, which will help me and my team create a downloadable TC framework package
        I'll keep it in mind.

Thx guys, but I'll have ot find out if I'll have the right to create this MOD due to COPYRIGHT issues.

The goal here is first to get a great MOD, well... a really great Game prototype.

It's pretty hard in a real Dev company to come with a kick-*** game design that could lead to a Complet Hit for ten years, so I'll do everything I can to create this prototype and see this Project become a complete Game in a few years.

So if anyone here knows about Copyright issues, I have a question:
        If I'm Copyrighting the Game Design (the Universe and the whole thing) and the Prototype, will I be in the right to make a Full Game based on the Prototype later?

The Prototype for the moment is only planned, for the moment, to be the Multiplayer Prototype of the game, showing the Core Gameplay and how much incredibly fun it will be.

Anyway, if any $$$ is made with the Prototype (MOD) it all goes the his Dev Team and not me.

CONCERNING THE PLAYERS
        Here is the Gamers we are targeting for this MOD:
        - Halo fans
        - Rainbow Six fans
        - Splinter Cell fans
        - Fighting games fans

This game is a good mixture of any action elements of these styles. THe game isn't based on these games, but could just remind you a few aspects.

Comment

Anything that is creatively created is automatically copyrighted and thus owned by the creator. You can't say 'I'm going to copyright this', because it'll be so purely on the benefit of having been created anyway. You can however choose to discard your rights to the copyright of the material if you so desire (although there is generally no real benefit, even if you're open-sourcing work, as you can quite happily retain copyright and use an open-license such as a GNU derivative or 'Open-Unreal' license, but that's an unrelated issue).

Copyright will only impede other people using your work without permission, it will have no effect on anyone else. It's only a very basic level of protection anyway, so it won't mean much unless you can prove ownership.

If your aim is to go commercial, then you really should have stated that in the initial post. Building a functional prototype in order to attract attention is certainly a feasible goal - but people need to be aware of that from the get-go: for example my current contract with my employer (I work with UE3 for a living) might prevent me from working on another project with a commercial interest, but not a hobbyist project - although fortunately for me, my contract actually doesn't. It will certainly make it a project for a very different group of people than perhaps it would originally be aimed at.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
            Anything that is creatively created is automatically copyrighted and thus owned by the creator. You can't say 'I'm going to copyright this', because it'll be so purely on the benefit of having been created anyway. You can however choose to discard your rights to the copyright of the material if you so desire (although there is generally no real benefit, even if you're open-sourcing work, as you can quite happily retain copyright and use an open-license such as a GNU derivative or 'Open-Unreal' license, but that's an unrelated issue).

Copyright will only impede other people using your work without permission, it will have no effect on anyone else. It's only a very basic level of protection anyway, so it won't mean much unless you can prove ownership.

If your aim is to go commercial, then you really should have stated that in the initial post. Building a functional prototype in order to attract attention is certainly a feasible goal - but people need to be aware of that from the get-go: for example my current contract with my employer (I work with UE3 for a living) might prevent me from working on another project with a commercial interest, but not a hobbyist project - although fortunately for me, my contract actually doesn't. It will certainly make it a project for a very different group of people than perhaps it would originally be aimed at.
            Nice constructive post, thx

Comment

Working...
            X