[Request] Advanced Character System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] Advanced Character System

Please bare with me. Its a pretty broad idea, but if it can be done, it would make an interesting addition to UT3.

Here is the idea. If one can alter the Character customization thingy in the frontend. One should add more customability.

Picture this, there can be one new faction (as a start). Male and Female. They are basically a generic human form. You can change body type, head, face, etc. Now with that, there are more additions like, headwear, body, arms, pants, boots, etc.

Sort've like an RPG where you can customize the character top to bottom instead of change initial base model itself.

With this, modders can include additional items through packs.

Now this would create an interesting level of character development. Now people can actually look different from each other, not just because they hacked the faction model list, but because you have a large database of body wear, head types, etc.

What do you think? Is this possible? If such a thing was done, I'd be a huge contributer since I do a lot of body wear designs and such.

You know, if this wouldnt work for just the usual UT3, it would be awesome to get one working with a RPG gametype.

Comment

No input, no replies?

Is it not good enough?

Next ill just request a map remake of some modern game. That gets everyones interest.

Comment

No it's great, but this should be applied to any MOD lol

Customization always been a great thing, but I'm not the one who could do that.

Comment

A blank Barbie/Ken pair of models with a metric crapton of clothes and accessories between them, basically. This I would really like to see working in UT3 - already I can imagine gunning someone down while wearing a bucket hat, a latex clown mask, a Dr. Who scarf, a 1950's swimsuit, oven gloves and wellington boots.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chimpy View Post
            A blank Barbie/Ken pair of models with a metric crapton of clothes and accessories between them, basically. This I would really like to see working in UT3 - already I can imagine gunning someone down while wearing a bucket hat, a latex clown mask, a Dr. Who scarf, a 1950's swimsuit, oven gloves and wellington boots.
            Originally, this was what I thought UT3 was going to be like. Basic base character, and complete control of what they are wearing. If a barbie/ken faction is done, you can move on to other species. It'd be very interesting....but I wouldn't know where to start. I'm new to Unrealscript. I'm a 3d modeler and Level Designer. ha ha

For UScript Programmers: Areas to look at: UTGame>UTUIFrontEnd_CharacterCustomization + UTUIFrontEnd_CharacterFaction + UTUIFrontEnd_CharacterSelection

Comment

Working...
            X