[request] liandri vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[request] liandri vehicles

yes... someone in the community wants them!!!!
    can somebody create a little set of vehicles.. and i'm talking of liandri vehicles, not anybody's vehicles . if someone can cook them, i can say what i think about them.
    they must be done from zero... don't take a scorpion and change its color printing on it the liandri logo..... create a new vehicle as different from axon as necris vehicle are (and viceversa). they mustn't be organic like necris but as artificial as axon.... i thought to something like 6 vehicles
    - an hovercraft comparable to manta and viper
    - a flying vehicle
    - two heavy vehiclea comparable to goliath and spma/paladin
    - a lesser road vehicle comparable to scorpion
    - a jeep like an hellbender

sorry if i leave u all the work but.....my skill in modding=-273....
    and sorry if i chose an hard work for you but a group for modders can do this (i hope)...
    i trust u
    thanks all (also if u don't reply)

I think Liandri vehicles would be quite cool. You could have different tactics like between Necris and Axon. What is Liandri speciality? Are they into robots or what. What they do should reflect in the vehicles that would be created by them.

Comment

I can't really see robotics based vehicles being much different from the axon set we have now, I guess we could make high tech variants of the axon/necris set.

Krall vehicles may be a little more unique though.

Comment

mining vehicles?

Comment

Mechs would look suited for corrupt.

Comment

I don't think the Krall are sophisticated enough to have their own vehicle set, but Skaarj vehicles would be a definite possibility.

Liandri vehicles would do well to follow the path of LMC itself: mechanized mining vehicles converted to arena combat purposes. The trick would be to think of vehicles that would be needed on outer-rim asteroid mining operations, then convert them into sport-oriented war machines.

A swift hovercraft built for escaping cave-ins prior to the development of the Transloc, now retrofitted with Rivet guns and a Hammer piston on the front. Oriented toward forward speed, like the Viper, and slightly slower than the others, but capable of engaging pistons and powerful air bursts on the sides and bottom to instantly stop and change direction at will. Combined with a compact design, it could dominate in close quarters and dodge distant incoming tank and artillery shells.

A compact one-person treaded vehicle originally designed for burrowing through collapsed rubble. A set of powerful grinders on the front which were once used to crush fallen rock now crush armored opponents with ease, and integrated gore funnels along the sides spectacularly display the success of a head-on kill. (Any XMP fans will remember this one.)
            Secret alien technology stolen during a Liandri raid on an Izanagi outpost on Na Koja Abad endow the craft with a high-power energy beam which, despite its slow fire rate, deals a noticeable blow to even heavily armored vehicles, and deliver strong knock-back to lighter, airborne vehicles.
            Its light armor and lack of a Scorpion-like booster make it a vulnerable target on the battlefield, but a momentary energy shield can protect the unit from nearly all damage at the most critical second. The shield draws power from the weapon system, so the vehicle will lose all ranged offensive capabilities until the system has recovered.

A huge drilling machine, designed for crushing granite and burrowing long tunnels through tons of rock. The vehicle is slow, but immensely durable. The unit's Tarydium-powered fuel cell generates hazardous levels of toxic Tarydium waste, which is normally siphoned and eventually ejected into space. Liandri has retrofitted this pump into a vehicle-grade bio-rifle for short-range, anti-personnel purposes.
            The unit's regular battery of drill bits has been replaced with a lateral sawblade that can rip through vehicle armor in seconds. The blade makes the vehicle cumbersome, thus requiring Liandri to store the weapon vertically on top of the vehicle for transport. The vehicle must stop to utilize the blade, which can be swung 360 degrees around the vehicle, assuming no structural obstacles impede its path, and will deal substantial damage to vehicles nearby. The blade typically swings too high off the ground to hit infantry, though poorly-timed jump-boot usage has yielded spectacular results.
            A secondary dual machinegun turret provides mid-range anti-armor support, though the gunner is moderately exposed and with enough damage the turret can be destroyed separately from the main unit.
            When deployed, the vehicle can launch the blade itself as an unconventional artillery shell. The blade will embed into whatever surface it strikes, usually destroying any vehicles or soft targets in the vicinity, then overload its Tarydium core in a massive wave of radiation that will devastate soft targets nearby and disintegrate the blade. Enemy vehicles are usually known to survive this blast, presuming they survived the impact of the blade itself. The unit will require substantial time to rebuild another blade, however, so highly judicial usage is recommended.
            The unit itself is highly specialized, and due to its awkward bulk and slow speed it is recommended that the platform be put on the field only in specific situations that can cater to its capabilities.

Comment

Liandri and Izanagi both shop at Axon.

We are working on a third vehicle set; XS vehicles. UT3 content is still in the alpha stages but currently includes the Epsilon and Kerioth:

Comment

That's true, but it's an interesting exercise nonetheless.

Comment

Yeah, Liandri vehicles would be kind of cool.

Comment

Those mining vehicles might be interesting. You could even have the robotics as well as a different vehicle set.

The mining ones though would certainly be interesting. Makes you wish that UT3 had the Geo-Mod technology from Red Faction to tunnel through walls. It would be awesome to be able to dig a tunnel underground and then up into an enemy base like the devils tongue in command and conquer tiberian sun.

Comment

Remora:
                      As the Skaarj Wars dragged on and humanity gradually lost colonies, supplies were in increasingly desperate demand. Unable to upgrade all of its mining vehicles at once to meet the increased need, Liandri enlisted the use of its then burgeoning robotics division. The result was a semi-robotic powered armor suit that utilized an early nano-tech system to increase performance of mining vehicles in the field, and provide on-site immediate repairs. The armor suit needed an operator, but the increase in productivity allowed the personnel to be pulled from the existing on-site engineers without much trouble. Technology has since progressed; the unit could be totally automated by now, but Liandri deliberately left its Tournament model in need of a personal operator.
                      The suit is compatible with all existing Axon and Liandri vehicles, as well as the more conventional Phayder vehicles, although Liandri has not yet figured out how to affix it to the Nightshade or Scavenger.

The Remora is a one-person powered-armor support unit, a little smaller than a standard energy turret, that serves no direct purpose in and of itself. But when it is attached to the back of another vehicle it can channel energy from a high-output Tarydium power cell into the vehicle's weapon systems, or power a nano-tech repair system that actively repairs any damage the vehicle takes in combat.

When not attached to a friendly vehicle, the unit can generate a close-range shockwave to damage enemy armor and infantry immediately nearby. The vehicle has somewhat fast anti-grav jets, but its lack of any ranged offensive or defensive capabilities make it ill-suited to extended solo journeys.
                      If the unit manages to get close enough to attach to an enemy vehicle, the opposite effects can be delivered, sapping weapon power, making energy weapons less damaging or slowing the fire rate of ballistic weaponry, or actively damaging the host vehicle by slowly picking it apart at the nearly microscopic level.

Comment

as i understand, the axon vehicles are essentially conventional military hardware, only with the level of technology that is available in the unreal universe. if there were to be liandri vehicles, they would probably be significantly more exotic in design (though certainly not anywhere near as much so as the necris vehicles) than their axon counterparts, and more suited to interface with their robotic troopers.

the most compelling example that i can give is to the effect of sets of powered armor that the robots (and of course, humans) can plug into to control and move around in. there could be smaller versions, only slightly larger than the players themselves that could be the equivalents of the lighter vehicles, and would probably be equipped with thrusters to move about at high speed, though with only weak armor and light weapons attached. also there could be much bigger suits, more in semblance to the walkers from the mechassault games. these, on the other hand, may not be as moble, though more durable and with much more lethal weapons. as for their air force, it would seem that the liandri would be interested in transport ships, so their foremost aircraft might be somewhat of a flying personnel carrier and close support craft. this may even be equipped with a large magnet to tow heavier vehicles to the front lines quickly.

Comment

Mechs would be very cool. Scorpian and Manta could be light/medium battle armor. Hellbender might be a smaller mechwarrior type mech. The tank and SPMA could be 4 legged walkers. Then there could be somesort of bigger mech for the leviathen or something to that effect. Raptor could be a gunship and the cicada could be a transport/support craft.

Always love mechs. Cool designs and ways to make them move and walk.

Is a air transport possible? You can grapple while on the hoverboard. Maybe that can be applied to the vehicle as well? In UT2004 there was an air transport vehicle the Terrapin. You could load vehicles in it and cart them around somewhat easily.

Comment

i think it would be cool to have a kind of walking turret.. its more robotic and there isnt a vehicle like this in the game

Comment

Reading this thread inspired me a little.

For a robotic-type vehicle that would also be useful in a mining environment and be comparable to the manta/viper:

A small, fast running 8-legged spider-like thing that can jump a decent way. Primary weapon would be plasma guns mounted to the front similar to the Raptor's but a secondary fire like dual Link Gun shafts that can reach twice as far. It would also be able to strafe and climb almost anything.

In a mining environment, it's purpose would be hauling light equipment (being able to easily climb over rubble and other debris, using a tow-cable like the one used to tow teammates and a hovering cart), blasting large rubble into smaller portions with it's guns, and repairing other mining equipment.

It would be balanced by being a little bigger and slightly slower than the manta or viper and would have about the same armor, but the ability of an infinite vehicle repair leaves alot to be desired no? Just makes people want to take you out before taking out the Goliath you're hiding behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X