destroyable world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

destroyable world

i think it would b kool if there buildings, cars, windows, etc, would be destroyable in maps, cuz i like blowing stuff up, n it would b a kool addition.. im pretty sure this would b pretty hard to mod though

who are you? MIchael Bay?

Comment

well it pretty hard to do for some gametype to make. like Death match would be nice where kill player get traps around like building falling down on them when support pillar falls.

Comment

what haooens after everythings destroyed :?

Comment

The physx maps have destroyable walls and what not. I know that it would be possible to create that sort of thing.

Comment

This should be possible to do. Some maps have limited destructible objects already, so getting this and going insane could be fun (but cpu-intensive?). I may look into it. =)

Comment

Red Faction has this feature. GeoMod tech. tobad it didnt really catch on. kinda nice blowin holes in walls cause door was locked.

Comment

It is very much possible for this to be done, and Ageia has released the necessary tools to make physics a big part of a map. Hopefully modders can be spartan in the use of physics and optimize very well-- and CPUs will be able to handle the load along with ppus.

Comment

in the game Front Lines we have huge 2km long and wide maps with walls, boxes, ammo crates, and even pipes, as well as glass, and vehicle parts that can be blowen off and knocked around with 64 players and no lag. It works great to take an APC and smash the low stone wall and make a whole for troops to advance. Plus it works for all weapons too!

BTW: If Kaos can do it we should be able too as well. I mean it would rock to have maps be more interactive than they are now.

Comment

Working...
                  X