No announcement yet.

Conquest Game Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but it does say tweaking after, its just me seeing how it plays D, ill probably change the classes anyway.

And how is it spawnrape, you don't get locked on by avrils unless in a vehicle?

Comment

Why does the class need to be random anyway? If the entire team wants to play CQB and not capture nodes they deserve to lose... so just let them.

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
        And how is it spawnrape, you don't get locked on by avrils unless in a vehicle?
        for example take downtown. manta flys into prime. no1 has the avril. what happens? spwanrape.

manta/viper are the ultimate killing machines if you dont have an avril or know how to use your shock properly (which only one class would have anyways)

anti infantery would be ****ed against any vehicle. (otoh, they are anti infantery).they dont really have a chance vs any other of the classes onfoot either. the only thing you could use them for would be camping with sniper of waiting around the corner with charged goo.

so your classes dont really work with vehicles and dont quite work onfoot either. long range would win most times, would only loose vs CQB in close battle maybe.

also tank + 1 or 2 support units with unlimited link would pwn the **** out of the enemy team if there are only little avrils and camp in the middle of downtown or inside the prime.

Comment

K, changes so far, i might put weighting, as said in the unreal script thread, on what classes are, so your more likely to get support than long range etc.

Also, players don't have unlimited ammo in a sense, im making it so that ammo recharges by 1 every five or whatever seconds, meaning yes players have got unlimited ammo but they can't just spam etc.

I suppose the classes aren't very well done, but their jus place holders for me.

Anyone got any better classes, i was trying to balance with sniper and goo, so close and long range.

Why does the class need to be random anyway? If the entire team wants to play CQB and not capture nodes they deserve to lose... so just let them.
          1. I'm jus a beginner coder as i said before, players choosing so far is beyond on me.
          2. Its kinda unfair having a horrible team all playing the same class (anyone player LOTR Conquest). At least this way they know that fate wants them to lose as well...

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
            2. Its kinda unfair having a horrible team all playing the same class (anyone player LOTR Conquest). At least this way they know that fate wants them to lose as well...
            So according to you it's better to lose and not be able to do anything about it than to lose because you were too stubborn to do what was needed?

I understand about setting up a random system for starters, but if that's just to get things going then I wouldn't worry about balance at all. Not yet, anyway. Get something working first, worry about balance later.

Comment

So according to you it's better to lose and not be able to do anything about it than to lose because you were too stubborn to do what was needed?
              Well thats certainly one way of looking at it But in that sense you could say what was needed was a new team, so you swap sides.

But as i said before, i have no idea how to make it so players can choose. This way its just easier for me, and allows me to see how the bots react with the classes. Btw, in custom war gamemodes why do all but one of my nodes appear in game, and my cores disappear, is there a setting in them that does this?

Comment

you know, coming up with more and more ideas is just going to make the project EVEN longer, i'd stick with what you have

Comment

Working...
                X