Better AI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better AI?

Sorry for making 2 topics in like 15 minutes, but I have an idea. The AI for UT3 is good, but it's almost too good, that it's fake. The bots know where you are no matter what. If your at the sniping place in suspense, they know your there right away. Is there an easy solution to this?

From what I've noticed, they can hit you instantly if you're in their line of sight, and they will cue in to sounds that you make, like jumping or landing, and firing shots. However, I've been able to follow bots around by staying behind them for a while as long as I'm not too loud.

One thing that will help a little will be adding in lines about reactiontime and baseawareness (confirmed variables, though I've prolly gotten the nomenclature a little off) and setting them as low as possible. However, the "problem" still remains that as soon as you're in their field of vision they fire on you. I suppose what we would need is perhaps a lower fov and a fire-delay setting, so they fire quickly, but not the exact instant they can see you.

Comment

Bots also have a "rotation speed" that increases with their skill. Drastically reducing that might alleviate a lot of the "instant turnaround reaction" issues.

There's a couple more things that need "humanizing":
      • Target aim prediction (especially with link)
      • Target prioritization (I think bots go from highest to lowest score, whereas humans lend more weight to the closest target)
      • Vehicle prioritization (give higher priority to unlocked vehicles; don't unlock and then abandon vehicles; "if you get into the Goliath, you go down with the Goliath", you don't leave it to be carjacked)
      • Use link beam.
      • Sustained fire aim (human aim improves when firing at a stationary target or a target that moves in a predictable line)

Comment

Working...
      X