Assault not yet dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yeah its just a matter of learning this, bending the rules of this in warfare, hiding those...

the list goes on, a whole load of effort for a map which probably wont look or play liek a vanilla assault map.

epic really lost the plot on this one in my view .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am also starting work on an assault map, the only thing I have not figured out is switching teams from offense to defense.
    Other than that I had a very similar concept

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RUKKUS View Post
    your right, the paths by the bots in warfare are very much like that of an assault game if they could figure out how to smash the opponents base instead... god i hate warfare mode.

off topic..do you know if the "infiltration" mod for the first unreal is the same as assault?
    its just a matter of learning kismet scripting and possibly being handy with uscript to fill in where that fails

and i dont believe it was but it's been so long since i last played unreal i can hardly remember

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL..im juss messin wit yah.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    your right, the paths by the bots in warfare are very much like that of an assault game if they could figure out how to smash the opponents base instead... god i hate warfare mode.

off topic..do you know if the "infiltration" mod for the first unreal is the same as assault?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    must nice having your posts deleted kamikaze when you look like an idiot

anywho that's irrelevent, all i wanted to do was get my idea out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    coo-koo coo-koo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kamikaze187 View Post
    why are you talkin to yourself???
    i was wondering the same thing...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why are you talkin to yourself???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you not read? Nowhere did i say that warefare is anything. You have nothing to offer this thread. Now leave.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Assault not yet dead

Assault not yet dead

I know there are people out there who would like to see assault come back. For your information, I believe it never left, though it did change forms.

Warfare contains all the tools needed to recreate assault; all an assault map would be is an asymmetric warfare map. All a mapper needs to do is learn to use kismet to script events so that one sides appear to be a dedicated offense and one side appears as a dedicated defense. With this approach this would allow the defense to actually push back the offense rather than just holding them at bay as the new spawn points would work through unlinked nodes. As for either offense winning, just have something trigger doing damage to the enemy power core like in floodgate, though all lot more and a timer that kills the offenses power core at the end of the match.

The only thing missing would be the assault-style scoring system of the faster team winning. Though it shouldn't be too difficult for a coder to add that back in.

The downside is that all of this is just theory at the moment and I have yet to actually test this, as I am busy with working on my own Unreal Fotress project, UT-Quake hybrid, vCTF map, and picking up for Lotus since he can no longer work on CustomUT.
Working...
X