[Request] Tribes or Tribes 2 Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] Tribes or Tribes 2 Maps

Now that someone has made a Jetpack Mutator was just wondering if somebody will start making some Tribes Or Tribes 2 maps. That would be really kool!!

All Tribes CTF maps have vehicles!! ( well at least 99% of them do lol )

Here is a Tribes Maps Wepage with hundreds and hundreds of Tribes and Tribes 2 maps.

If someone would like to make these I can direct you to some of the "Most Popular maps" for suggestion. ( I have been playin Tribes for 6 Years) So I have a good understanding of maps. Example Of One Of The Best Tribes Maps Is Called Katabatic. An Awesome CTF Map. I just cant make the **** things lol otherwise I would be making a slew of Tribes maps.

http://tribesmaps.com/cgi-bin/map_search.cgi?type=ctf

Just click on map details of a map to get some Ideas and get the map layout!

YES! You Read my mind.

Maps like these would be perfect on both PS3 and PC versions.

Comment

I vote CTF-Katabatic as the first. :-)

Comment

I've only played the original Tribes and Tribes Vengeance. I really liked both, but I think Tribes Vengeance felt like Tribes mixed with Unreal Tournament. That might have to do with Tribes Vengeance being built on the last Unreal Engine. Either way, it was still a great game, but it was different, and the company the made the game(the creators of Bioshock) stopped backing it as soon as they realized there was no gamer support. So no SDK was ever released for the game.

As far as I know, there are no plans for a new Tribes game.

I personally think there should be a Tribes Mod. Tribes maps would also require that every server running the maps also has the jetpack mutator activated. I think I'd rather see a Total Conversion Mod.

There is so much more to Tribes than just a jetpack. There are different sizs of armor which change the amount of damage taken, and the speed of movement. There are vehicles that allow for several people to fly together. There are the inventory stations that allow for weapon purchasing, equipment upgrades and the ability to purchase turrets and barriers to place in your base to help keep enemies out.

Tribes maps alone with the use of a jetpack would still be great. But I don't think it would feel right unless it was a TCMod.

Comment

I would love if someone made a Tribes mod. There are two independent teams working on a free Tribes game. I've tried one of them (Legends), and the graphics is pretty bad and it is still in Beta. The other hasn't been released yet (Ascension). I went to the Ascension forum and suggested that it would be better to make a Tribes mod on UT3, but all I got was sarcasm. There's a 3rd Tribes like game being created by Garage Games on Instant Action, it's called Legions: Fall of Empire. I saw the trailer and the graphics can be compared to UT2k4.

How difficult would it be for someone to make Tribes weapons on UT3? And could someone possibly make the Meltdown 1.5 and Meltdown X weapons as well? Meltdown 1.5 is a Tribes 1 mod, and Meltdown X is a Tribes 2 mod. I have the file if it's any use to anyone who may want to do this.

I'm good at drawing if someone needs a concept artist.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyPeaches View Post
            Tribes maps would also require that every server running the maps also has the jetpack mutator activated. I think I'd rather see a Total Conversion Mod.

There is so much more to Tribes than just a jetpack. There are different sizs of armor which change the amount of damage taken, and the speed of movement. There are vehicles that allow for several people to fly together. There are the inventory stations that allow for weapon purchasing, equipment upgrades and the ability to purchase turrets and barriers to place in your base to help keep enemies out.

Tribes maps alone with the use of a jetpack would still be great. But I don't think it would feel right unless it was a TCMod.
            I agree that Tribes is more than just w/ a jetpack, but I think it would be best to take it a step at a time, so that it won't be too overwelming. The next step would be to create Tribes weapons (updated to be on par w/ UT3 weapons).

Comment

Working...
            X