Working on Nanosuit for UT3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on Nanosuit for UT3...

Looking at a pretty old closed thread, I saw someone who made the Nanosuit model for UT3. Obviously this wouldn't be released to the public, so I decided why not make it myself? I have the two games so it must be possible.

I started by using the CryEngine Sandbox editor. I opened it up, noticed the ability to export materials, so I exported the Nanosuit model as an .obj, and I used the .dds files (textures) from the .pak (a .rar in disguise, like with Jedi Outcast) in the game files.

I opened up 3ds max 9, imported the model and applied the textures, but they really don't seem to match the model strangely, and I really cannot do UV mapping myself, and I've tried a million times aside from simple objects.

Here's an image of my model and how the model should look:
    http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7...comparejo4.jpg

And here's an image of the UV map, which is already divided into parts but the texture doesn't match up at all:
    http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1014/uvdr8.jpg

Thanks for reading.

you seem to be on the right path except for the waist area, its too wide.
    but otherwise it looks good.

also the guy who made the crysis skin is EE ( evil engine )
    he has a website where he has his chars for dl.

Comment

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say.

Comment

well arent you sayin since the crysis model isnt public, you wanted to make one of your own? right?

and now you've run into some problems that you cannot seem to fix????? correct???
        so im assuming your asking for help????

what im saying is, if you want the crysis model you can just dl it from his site and save yourself the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze187 View Post
          well arent you sayin since the crysis model isnt public, you wanted to make one of your own? right?

and now you've run into some problems that you cannot seem to fix????? correct???
          so im assuming your asking for help????

what im saying is, if you want the crysis model you can just dl it from his site and save yourself the trouble.
          There's a Crysis model available for download?

I went through a lot of ****... are you able to link it?

Also, I didn't make the model myself, I exported the official model from the sandbox editor for Crysis, which doesn't have a UV map that matches its texture, which was why I needed help. Sorry for not reading the second half of your post.

Comment

yeh go to :

evilengine.net thats his website.
            and you can dl his models from there.
            if you have any questions you can ask him hes really skilled at what he does.

Comment

Nevermind this post, I was very ignorant.

Comment

the one from EE is not being distributed at this time..but I'm sure he will help you if you have and questions

good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X