Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JailBreak Mod?

I loved the JailBreak Mod for UT2K4.

If anybody doesn't know what the mod is, it goes like this. There are two teams. It's sort of team deathmatch, but with a twist. When you kill an opponent, the opponent doesn't really die, they get sent into a prison cell in the enemies base. The objective is to capture every member of the opposing team to get a point.

If your team members are captured, it is the rest of the teams duty to try to free them by hitting the switch in the enemies base. This opens the gate and allows your teammates to escape. It's really intense when there is only one person left on a team and it is their duty to free their teammates.

If I remember correctly, while in prison, you may also randomly be picked to fight against a captured opponent. It spawns you in a separate battlefield where the two of you have to duke it out. Whoever of the two wins the match gets freed from prison and the losing opponent has to stay locked up.

It's a really fun mod and enforces teamwork. If you want to win the game, it's not just about getting frags, it's about looking after and freeing fellow teammates.

Does anyone have any plans on making a UT3 Jailbreak mod? If I was a coder I'd make it myself, but I'm not.

JB is one of the best mods, not just for 2k4 but for UT99 as well.
    I would think it would make an eventual return as it was popular enough, but I'll guess we'll just have to wait & see.

EDIT: Seems like the Jailbreak team is in the process of discussing the UT3 version as we speak.

http://jailbreak.beyondunreal.com/

Comment

Yes, there are plans for Jailbreak UT3, afaik.

Comment

I will be one of the first to download it.

I hope some of the UT2K4 maps will be available upon release of the mod. But I'll take original content as well.

Comment

never heard or played this mod..but sounds awesome as hell.

Comment

UT3 Jailbreak: it begins here http://jailbreak.beyondunreal.com/

Comment

SEXY GGAME TYPE I ADD on myserver this
              Game type
              Jailbreak
              Jailbreak.Jailbreak
              Map
              JB-Seven
              Seven

Comment

Originally posted by mruczek View Post
                SEXY GGAME TYPE I ADD on myserver this
                Game type
                Jailbreak
                Jailbreak.Jailbreak
                Map
                JB-Seven
                Seven
                thx, but it's still a beta, you'd rather not wait the next version?

Comment

i play sam maches online on this mod with mutators and it work good for me))

Comment

Working...
                  X