[REQUEST] XAN PS3 fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REQUEST] XAN PS3 fix

I know a lot of people are aware of the head problem, but in case PC modders don't know exactly how the PS3 handles the custom models I'll just explain quickly whatever I've noticed.

As far as I know, the way custom characters work on PS3 is a lot different than how it works on PC. For the "XAN UT3" model (which I love, btw, whoever made it did an excellent job), you would choose Barktooth and replace the correct parts for everything, but the Facemask/Helmet (whichever the head is supposed to replace?) Both do not have the Xan head. I believe I set Facemask on Barktooth to a new option "4," which is simply Barktooth's regular head (identical to option 1). Now, I don't know how one could go about doing this, but is it possible to implement Xan's head as a "mask" or something that could be placed over Barktooth's head, so that it could work on the PS3 version?

If anyone has any ideas on what could be done, it would be very much appreciated. This was the first mod I installed and was a little disappointed. Everything else is excellent (maps, mutators, gametypes, vehicles, weapons - no problems with any of these ).

This particular model is of course the one I speak of: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=591657

The mask and the head would both show. So unless your new characters head completly fillls over Barktooth's head, you'd see both heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Killer View Post
      The mask and the head would both show. So unless your new characters head completly fillls over Barktooth's head, you'd see both heads.
      Yeah, that's basically what I was saying. Because, AFAIK, the head cannot be replaced at this time.

Comment

Would it be possible to attach the XAN helmet to the torso? Like a one piece? I'd be willing to test a prototype if any wishes to experiment with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DSKEmilio View Post
          Would it be possible to attach the XAN helmet to the torso? Like a one piece? I'd be willing to test a prototype if any wishes to experiment with that.
          I would also be, if anyone could help us out in testing this or any other viable solution. I'm certain that some of you PC model makers out there would have some ideas as how to bypass this head replacement dilemma.

Comment

ya i want the head part in out mods btw my game always crash every time i put a lot of mods in it plzzzzz fix this also. and the weapon plzzzzz put sounds in it

Comment

Anyone with any ideas on how to fix the PS3 head issue, please enlighten us.

Comment

bump - another call? I have a feeling someone would be able to get the head as a mask on Barktooth.

Comment

eey i have send this idea to evilengine but suddenly he wont reply i see him online but
                  he says nothing hopefully he will reply soon he made XAN,AXON,masterchief

Comment

Originally posted by lorriedude View Post
                    eey i have send this idea to evilengine but suddenly he wont reply i see him online but
                    he says nothing hopefully he will reply soon he made XAN,AXON,masterchief
                    Excellent, I hope he gets the message and can possibly help out

Comment

Originally posted by Satanas View Post
                      Excellent, I hope he gets the message and can possibly help out
                      he hasnt respont until now im getting crazy because of it

Comment

If he doesn't see either of our threads, hopefully someone else who has some ideas on fixing the problem will.

Comment

Working...
                        X