[Request] PS3 sound converting tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There is no converter. It's a Sony proprietary format.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by D4rkW4rr10r View Post
    if there is a converter that converts to (the right version of) atrac3 we could use sounds
    Even on ps3?

I was told the only way for custom sounds on ps3 atm, was TC-mod, but then again I'm still a modding noob, it'll be a while yet before we see anything from me, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if there is a converter that converts to (the right version of) atrac3 we could use sounds

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you use a audio converter? is possible import the converted audio to the mod tool?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea Epic stated that if they gain the legal ability to supply the ps3 version the update patch that it would need for custom sounds, they would do it... but atm it's either a no-go or a waiting game, until the uber-elites crack things open(so to speak)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    would be nice, but i don't think it's gonna happen.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/PS3Mo...ot%20Supported

Importing sounds is not supported. This is because UT3 uses a proprietary version of ATRAC3 and we are unable to release the tool that is needed to convert .wav files to the format required by the game.

* It is unknown if we will be able to have some system for sound conversion in the future.
    * We understand the limitation this places on mod developers, and will rectify this if at all possible in a future version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what type of codec does the ps3 use?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know. I figured with the vast resources at modders' disposal, something like that would be possible, and i'm not giving my hopes up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It'd be absolutely fantastic, but don't get your hopes up, you're pretty much asking the impossible - even if you could crack the formats, how do you get the game to work it?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [Request] PS3 sound converting tool

[Request] PS3 sound converting tool

Hey, i was wondering if somebody could make a utility that converts custom sounds in the right format to be used on the PS3. There are some really cool mods coming out right know and i don't want them to feel broken or tacked on just because of this issue with no sound.
Working...
X