how about a Predator model and mutator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about a Predator model and mutator?

Someone should do a predator model. Along with it could be a mutator that allows you to turn almost invisible anytime with a button press. (probably square on the PS3) The mutator could also change the crosshairs to the predator's signature 3 red dots in a triangle. In the overall pantheon of sci-fi, it would be inevitable that the predator would be drawn to unreal tournament.

Models are a lot of work, but yes it would be great.

My biggest complain is that everyone would want to be the bad ***** killer. And if it was balanced then then the normal people wouldn't be having much fun because they'd be getting slaughtered. That is why I tried to make a situation where you are rewarded with "hunter" like powers based on your killing streak. It allows everyone to become a stalker and once they get wacked they transition into the prey, until they can climb there way back into a killing steak. Adding blood to track and making the injured more vulnerable adds to the atmosphere and general mindset. Check out this thread for more details.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=596742

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=598520

Using predator is instant Cease and Desist bait - you could do something like Predator, but you can't just rip it off.

Comment

I read that post ambershee, but this is an IDEA forum and is in no way an implemented feature. I actually renamed MY third mutator IDEA to "hunter" based on your poorly referenced thread. Thank you for the advice but as I stated this is a concept from my own design (and the origional thoughts of others).

Who said I was referencing to the movie

According to the American Heritage Dictionary:

Predator
        An organism that lives by preying on other organisms.
        One that victimizes, plunders, or destroys, especially for one's own gain.

[Latin praedātor, pillager, from praedārī, to plunder; see predatory.]

Comment

that would be so cool

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Killer View Post
            I read that post ambershee, but this is an IDEA forum and is in no way an implemented feature. I actually renamed MY third mutator IDEA to "hunter" based on your poorly referenced thread. Thank you for the advice but as I stated this is a concept from my own design (and the origional thoughts of others).

Who said I was referencing to the movie

According to the American Heritage Dictionary:

Predator
            An organism that lives by preying on other organisms.
            One that victimizes, plunders, or destroys, especially for one's own gain.

[Latin praedātor, pillager, from praedārī, to plunder; see predatory.]

How is my thread "poorly referenced"? It's a link to what is essentially the same idea which was slap at the top of this forum when this thread was posted.

I didn't go near 'your thread', or 'your concepts', so I don't see what all your huffing is about. My point was not to condemn the idea, but point out that making it and releasing it is infeasible - which is the point of posting in a request forum, isn't it not? I don't need a definition of the word 'Predator'.

Comment

So you are saying its C&D bait to include the name of anything and or model of anything that is a companies IP? I can see where you are going but countless games have released every weapon (as one example or another) and go "ignored". i dont think any model has been attacked by fox, although i have seen articles about their antics. It is always better to err on the side of ease, but this seems like its unnecessary to worry about for us lowly mod devs.

Good point, regardless. Rename your stuff and make weapons a little different than reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Gneu View Post
                So you are saying its C&D bait to include the name of anything and or model of anything that is a companies IP? I can see where you are going but countless games have released every weapon (as one example or another) and go "ignored". i dont think any model has been attacked by fox, although i have seen articles about their antics. It is always better to err on the side of ease, but this seems like its unnecessary to worry about for us lowly mod devs.

Good point, regardless. Rename your stuff and make weapons a little different than reality.
                Some companies are fair game - Games Workshop and Microsoft for example have a usage policy on their property that you can follow, so that you can use Warhammer 40,000 or Halo if you want to. Fox don't and are nasty about it when they want to be. Mod developers are where the term 'foxing' originally came from - it was an Aliens project for Doom that got the hammer

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                  How is my thread "poorly referenced"? It's a link to what is essentially the same idea which was slap at the top of this forum when this thread was posted.

I didn't go near 'your thread', or 'your concepts', so I don't see what all your huffing is about. My point was not to condemn the idea, but point out that making it and releasing it is infeasible - which is the point of posting in a request forum, isn't it not? I don't need a definition of the word 'Predator'.
                  I know that you don't need a dictionary quote. Sorry for my poor outburst. Actually I had inadvertantly clicked on the wrong link and thought that you had posted this same message at the end of my thread. Please accept my apology.

Comment

we could just name it something else and then everyone would have it by the time FOX caught wind of it. It would be easy. No-one can police the internet!

Comment

you are ****ing right. Lets call it.... Andre

Comment

okay, I don't care what it's called, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Killer View Post
                          I know that you don't need a dictionary quote. Sorry for my poor outburst. Actually I had inadvertantly clicked on the wrong link and thought that you had posted this same message at the end of my thread. Please accept my apology.
                          No worries. I tend to be quite tetchy when I'm in here too - I've been having hell with UE3 at work recently

Comment

Working...
                          X