[REQUEST] Bullet penetration mut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Cover system framework... Sounds interesting, some kind of GoW-based mut? And thanks for including BP in whatever it is you're making.

Btw, if someone else wants to do this as a stand alone mut, by all means! It never hurts to have multiple versions, each with its unique features etc. In fact, I'd love to see BP bundled up with BloodLoss (also of UT2k4 'fame') and Crotch Shot, for some bloody, semi-realistic gaiety. But that's another story...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha, that's when you know it's there

I'll add bullet penetration to the list of things to do in the 'cover system framework' I'm working on, but it'd be a long time before it's out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, it had it, and no, it wasn't a waste of time. When you know it's there, there are actually many uses for it. Shooting enemies through glass partitions, catwalks, closed doors, behind trees etc. etc. is not only realistic, but also quite satisfying. IMHO!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ballistic Weapons had bullet penetration? If it did, it was a waste of time, I can't say I ever noticed, and I played it a lot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is getting a bit repetitive... As I've explained above, bullet penetration IS useful on regular UT maps. Not all of them, perhaps, but many. It worked just fine in UT2K4 (as one of the many cool features of the BW mod), so presumably it would also work in UT3. You DON'T need special maps with extra thin walls and all sorts of cover to enjoy this mut, though it would certainly be cool to have those too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Like someone else said, unless they get some maps with more cover, than bullet penetration isn't all that useful.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh well, it was worth a try.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am swamped in modding work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    This works great in CoD4, but UT doesn't have many thin walls and is not a very cover oriented game. I don't think there'd be a lot of opportunities to use this feature.
    Actually, it (the 2K4 Ballistic version) works surprisingly well on standard UT maps. You can blast people through doors, catwalks, glass panels, pillars, all sorts of static meshes, and yes, even the occasional thin wall. And killing multiple targets with a single shot is absolutely priceless.

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    The penetration code wouldn't be super-difficult, though.
    Hm, I suppose you wouldn't be interested in giving it a shot?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ya, i never hide behind cover for more then a few seconds, and most weapons have a blasat radius that can still hurt someone around a corner. I dont really think this is necissary, but in a TCM it might be fun

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This works great in CoD4, but UT doesn't have many thin walls and is not a very cover oriented game. I don't think there'd be a lot of opportunities to use this feature.

The penetration code wouldn't be super-difficult, though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, player penetration should be included too. Not sure how difficult the wall thing would be, but it was possible in UT2K4 (see for ex. Ballistic Weapons), so who knows...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What might be easier to do, would be for certain weapons to shot through players and hit the ones behind them. If two people are lined up and you pop off a perfect sniper shot they should both fall down dead.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [REQUEST] Bullet penetration mut

[REQUEST] Bullet penetration mut

Basically this mut would allow the Enforcer, Stinger primary & Sniper to shoot through thin walls, wall corners and various other objects of a certain thickness/width. Penetration depth would vary per gun, with the Enforcer having the least, and the Sniper the most. If possible, different materials (wood, metal, stone etc.) should also have different penetration values.

Why? Because imho it's more than a little silly that in UT even a cardboard box can stop high velocity armor piercing bullets (yo check it out, I'm taking cover behind a sheet of paper!), and because it would add a nice vanilla-tactical element to gameplay. Could be especially fun with an infrared sniper mod.
Working...
X