tc split screen possible need much help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tc split screen possible need much help

ok from my understanding of the ut3 editor wont import audio and skin models
    did i get that right?

well since in the editor there is total conversion
    what u would half to do is first get the machine to split the screen to make 2 copies of the screen (2 pictures of the player) test it

now iassume u can do this because cameria moding is possible (ie the action cam)
    so with ur too copies of one screen now u need another input (this is epics part) in order to do this i or whoever did this would need controler profiles
    and thats not that hard for whoever made the game (maby one of u guys could do that)

well after that we would half to make the game read each controler read specific controler profiles then make those controller interactions be read on bouth screens by diffrent controlers

and subcquently since u cant load diffrent profiles u would half to make or use a random charcter generator

will a ps3/pc read more then one controler source at one ie half tthe controler and a mouse? i dont have a pc mouse that works on ps3 but i do have a keybord that has a built in mouse ill test later right now im trying to get my ideas on paper (figure of speach)

*update* afte geting to the 2 imiges of the same screen part
    one could get ot the next step by giving controll ot an ai
    then map a controler to the ai thus not making it ai any more

some times i amase my self

Originally posted by JohnsShadow View Post
    ok from my understanding of the ut3 editor wont import audio and skin models
    did i get that right?

well since in the editor there is total conversion
    what u would half to do is first get the machine to split the screen to make 2 copies of the screen (2 pictures of the player) test it

now iassume u can do this because cameria moding is possible (ie the action cam)
    so with ur too copies of one screen now u need another input (this is epics part) in order to do this i or whoever did this would need controler profiles
    and thats not that hard for whoever made the game (maby one of u guys could do that)

well after that we would half to make the game read each controler read specific controler profiles then make those controller interactions be read on bouth screens by diffrent controlers

and subcquently since u cant load diffrent profiles u would half to make or use a random charcter generator

will a ps3/pc read more then one controler source at one ie half tthe controler and a mouse? i dont have a pc mouse that works on ps3 but i do have a keybord that has a built in mouse ill test later right now im trying to get my ideas on paper (figure of speach)
    I'm sorry. What?

Comment

which part didnt make sence?

these are written steps to develop splitscreen on ut3 with some assumpsions that i cant test or do at the moment

sorry i have terrible spelling and grammar but what madman dosent

i should put that in my sig

Comment

... And so you did.

Comment

Originally posted by DSKEmilio View Post
          ... And so you did.
          what did i say somthing wrong ?

ohh the sig haha

Comment

If English is your first language then you should hit the books. Forget UT3 for a while.

haha jk man cool to see you are working on this.

Comment

Man i hope somebody will try this and hopefully pull this off.

Comment

I just have a hard time believing that something as in depth as 2 player split screen could be enabled via a mod. However if I was proven wrong I'd probably be the happiest guy in the world.

Either way I'm just really hoping Epic steps up and releases it in an official patch.

Comment

i may be getting close to the end of pre development next i will just half to find a computer fast enough to run the editor and i can test some of my ideas

keep this stuff coming

Comment

As far as I'm aware, it's possible to get some form of split screen working on the PC version. I would however suggest the OP learn the basics before trying to dive into something like that. It's probably not even possible on the Ps3, since if I recall correctly, it requires configuration file editing.

Comment

It will be possible on PS3 epic just need to configure what this mod does for pc and release it as a patch for the sony overwriting the previous instllation files for the game
                      and bobs your uncle lol or so to speak

Comment

You're assuming Epic are going to pick up a mod and release it into Sony territory.

Comment

so they have it complete or almost complete ??
                          prove it so i can stop thinking about it (the numbers worn stop!)
                          i would kill to play split screen to pwn my halo buddys
                          i need a joint

Comment

I hope if they are doing they get it done soon because its needed.......And i am assuming that and hopefully its a good assumption heres to hoping

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                              You're assuming Epic are going to pick up a mod and release it into Sony territory.
                              Well, if epic don't we can

Comment

Working...
                              X