[Request] UT99 Maps: Gauntlet / Eternal Cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] UT99 Maps: Gauntlet / Eternal Cave

Ok the most of you guys of course know these 2 classic CTF maps!
    It would be awesome if any skilled designer remake them for UT3 !!
    New graphics ect, but keep the size of the maps!

I personally would preffer them in beeing in original size, dont make them much bigger as the original Gauntlet and Cave CTF maps in UT99.

Who else is interessted on these classic maps?

no one interessted in the old ut99 maps? i think epic has done a great job with coret or deck!

im glad someone is doing lavagiant and liandri at the moment

Comment

make them or perish

Comment

Gauntlet and Brokenlimits are already made, you find them here: http://clanbase.ggl.com/news_league....77532&lid=5952

I must say I don't really like these remakes, they could've been a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
          Gauntlet and Brokenlimits are already made, you find them here: http://clanbase.ggl.com/news_league....77532&lid=5952

I must say I don't really like these remakes, they could've been a lot better.
          Yes they could have been better, the lightning is verry well done on gauntlet, but i like that gauntlet has the exact same size like the ut99 version!

Hmm is there anybody who can transfer the pc gauntlet version to a ps3 version?

Better of course: if some skilled modder make a new map! this is simply a CTF map that shouldnt be miss in ut!

Comment

Bring back Cave!!!!

Comment

yer still waiting for some skilled mapper who bring back those classic ut99 maps
              i think someday someone will take approach of it

Comment

gauntlet feels slightly unpolished but i dunno if thats just me ... also is there no lava in ut3 since he put that green gooey stuff where theres supposed to be a pit of lava

Comment

Looks unpolished, both those maps could be way more. Then again, i love maps with StaticMeshes.

Comment

yep it would be very nice to have these back they are adored in cups ;p

but hopefully they dont get some awful colour textures like brokenlimits has

Comment

Yes, some of the good ones.

Comment

would be nice if someone could remake

CTF-Dreary and CTF-Command-CE3

that would make the complete maplist from the UT99 nationscup then and it would also be sweet ;p

Comment

epic's job with deck, coret, and torlan were all very nice, and i really liked the translation of eternalcaves in the custom map for ut2004. giving that a facelift to match ut3's standard of aesthetic proficiency would be great. also, just because it is related to the same topic, i'm still looking for a more familiar remake of face classic. i've seen the series of maps called twisted face, and they're nice, but i think they've drifted just a little too far, even from a remake of the original.

Comment

Some 1 should make Facing Worlds over, all the other remakes suck. too much stuff packed into such a basic level. in my opinion, Facing Worlds is THE best CTF level made. period.

Comment

They has to be made! .... !!!
                              I cant live without gaunt and ec

Comment

Working...
                              X