Attention all Devs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention all Devs

Today i started coding a new application which installs maps and mutators for the user. I have just started work on a new feature which is near enough complete which allows this utility to connect to one of my servers, scan it for mutators and maps, and display them in a list to them.

they may tick which ones they would like, and by clicking the download button, they will download and automatically install.

[shot]http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/40034/2000988642788266737_rs.jpg[/shot]

Rather than posting your mutators and maps on many forums, you can submit them in to one database, and everyone can get them at a click of a button

We now have our very on community created delivery system!

coming soon..

I'd rather stick to doing it manually, more control anyway. Still, wonderful work, this will help a lot of folks.

Comment

Excellent tool/service! UT's modding community never ceases to impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by 4TX4 View Post
        Excellent tool/service! UT's modding community never ceases to impress me.
        one aspect i havent mentioned. the version in development now displays the readme files of the mutators before they download them. that way the devs are getting the credit for their work

Comment

Just a real quick thing. I noticed in your program it instalkls the .u files to the actual install directory (default Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3) when they can be installed to Published\CookedPC\Script in the My Games folder.

Maybe you should give people the option fo choosing where. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SAHChandler View Post
            Just a real quick thing. I noticed in your program it instalkls the .u files to the actual install directory (default Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3) when they can be installed to Published\CookedPC\Script in the My Games folder.

Maybe you should give people the option fo choosing where. ;D
            someone has shown me how all of the mutator files can be stored in the my games directory so that will be reflected in the next release. i realise this is better , as not everyone wants their drive cluttered up where they have the game installed.

Comment

[shot]http://aycu23.webshots.com/image/38062/2001416280010554246_rs.jpg[/shot]

a new preview for you as you can see it now displays the readme files of the mutators without actually downloading the mutator pack.

Comment

Working...
              X