[REQUEST] A dogfight map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REQUEST] A dogfight map?

Could anyone try to attempt making a map with the flying vehicles as the main deal?

I really when I get into a dogfight on some of the warfare and vCTF maps, but they only happen really sparsely. That, and there needs to be more maps with the Cicada in it.

vCTF might work, but if the focus is on dogfights, then the flag capturing doesn't work as well. Warfare could be a little better, maybe if you based the map in the sky, with small walkways could mean you fall to our death, forcing you into a flying vehicle to get around and fight.

Deathmatch causes the problem where you need to set the spawn points so access to a vehicle is almost guaranteed, so the only viable option I see is TDM.

But frankly, if anyone does plan on making a flying vehicle based map, I would really appreciate it.

How about two flying walkways, one for each team in tdm. The walkways have pads for like 8 air vehicles each.

Maybe warfare the core is on the walkway also?

Comment

WAR-SandstormX has a link setup named TopGun that features Raptors versus Furies with some Cicadas, Mantas and Vipers thrown in.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
        WAR-SandstormX has a link setup named TopGun that features Raptors versus Furies with some Cicadas, Mantas and Vipers thrown in.

What is a link setup exactly? I'm playing UT3 on my PS3, and I know that map is cooked for the PS3. I haven't downloaded yet, but now I'm intrigued.

Comment

thier was a onslought map in UT2k4,called Raptor skys i think, it was a namely a lot of skyscrapers with nodes that spawned Raptors and at the bases you got abut 5 Raptors spawning in, be great to see it in UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN_Shadow View Post
            What is a link setup exactly?
            Good question... do you even have those on the PS3? Power nodes can be linked up in different ways called "link setups". It's like the many different versions of Torlan - the same map but with different ways of connecting the nodes. This requires an ini file in the Config folder... does PS3 have such a folder?

Comment

I a making something like that; its called CTF-Helvetti; a island-hop in space the main vehicle is a flying one.

Comment

Working...
              X