Have to carry your flag back to your base Mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to carry your flag back to your base Mutator

Can somebody make a mutator that makes it so you can't kill a flag carrier and then just touch your flag and have it go back to your base. You actually have to carry it back yourself. Which would cause a lot of good firefights. On CTF and VCTF. Tx.

Sounds interesting. I would try it.. might make for some good games.

Comment

It would turn into hide and seek, but it might still be alright since they'd have to return to score.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Killer View Post
        It would turn into hide and seek, but it might still be alright since they'd have to return to score.
        To (partially) prevent that, I remember a mod for ut2004 that would show someone on the map and hud for everyone to see if that person would be staying in the same general area for to long.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperforce View Post
          To (partially) prevent that, I remember a mod for ut2004 that would show someone on the map and hud for everyone to see if that person would be staying in the same general area for to long.
          That sounds interesting?

Comment

yeah this sounds like a good idea, its annoying when just has you get to your base the flag carrier gets killed and the flag is instanly returned to the other base.

Comment

There was a mod i used for UT2k4 called "Carry the Flag" that did just this.I never played without it as it made games of CTF so much more hectic.
              Nothing quite like making a mad flag run only to get to your base and find your flags gone.
              Waiting around trying to survive as you wait for your team mates to get it back so you could cap.

Comment

I think that Threewave CTF for Quake 3 was more interesting... Flags cannot be returned to base, everyone start with all weapons full ammo, you win by taking the flag or by team elimination. You could have the option of using last man standing or not.

Comment

Never got into Q3.
                  CTF4 for UT was a blast,four teams attacking each others bases at the same time.
                  Pure carnage.
                  At the moment i'm not playing alot of CTF (white idiot arrows),but a carry the flag mute would get me going again.
                  Someone plz make this, or port the UT2k4 version.
                  ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Isolated View Post
                    Never got into Q3.
                    CTF4 for UT was a blast,four teams attacking each others bases at the same time.
                    Pure carnage.
                    Yeh I remember that, it was awesome

(white idiot arrows)
                    you can turn those off you know (even though it might have to be done trough your INI file.

Comment

I'll have to have a look through the INI file then,they drive me mad.

Comment

I'll have to have a look through the INI file then,they drive me mad.
                        I keep having the idea there should be a hotkey for toggeling them on and off.

However I by excident (and due to me wanting the special edition) ordered my copy at a german site (i'm dutch). However I didn't think germans would go so far as to translate entire video games to they're language.
                        I had to do a few tweaks to my game to get that sorted out. But, due to this I've also got a german manual, so I can't check for this as well as I could have with a english manual.

Anyway, I digress...

good luck finding that option.

Comment

Honestly now,someone needs to make this.
                          Go on,you know you want to.

Comment

FlagCarry mutator coming soon!

The length of time you can hold your own flag before it automatically returns can be adjusted (default 30 seconds). This is a pretty good mid-term solution for someone running off and hiding with their own teams flag. I'll try getting the show location on map option to work too.

Whether or not you have to actually carry a flag in your hand is also an option. When selected, you can only hold a single enforcer in one hand, with the flag in the other. Makes it a lot harder to rush in and get the flag all by yourself.

No release just yet. Working on fixing bug with bots and the offhand flag option (they ignore it and use any weapon). I also need to test dedicated/listen servers.
                            Stay tuned.

That's it.

Comment

Nice work, can't wait for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X