[REQUEST] PlayStation 3 Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REQUEST] PlayStation 3 Models

If anybody can throw out some new models for the PlayStation 3 version of Unreal Tournament III, that would be pretty cool.

Thanks!

I second that notion.. thats the number one thing that UT3 lacks and I know from previous installments in the UT fanchise that theres loads of talent.

Comment

I agree,it would be great to get some models for the PS3.

Comment

I'd like some Killzone skins. If anyone is up for creating some. :]

Comment

id love to see a helghast! and Dante!!!

Comment

and the characters from the hellraiser series, they would be cool necris high command soldiers^^

Comment

helghast's would be awesome!
              id also like to see something that will let use mix up the armor we already get.
              like use ronin and necris armor on a character and such.

Comment

I think (from what little I understand) that stand alone models won't be able to be used on PS3. For models to work they would have to be models that were programed into a custom map or total conversion. Keep in mind I could be totally wrong about this. In other words. If a modder wanted to put in the time, and this would probably specifically have to be a PS3 gamer that decided to start making mods, he could create whole Killzone mods that would include both Killzone map remakes for UT 3 and ISA and Helghast models to replace red and blue teams. So basically these would be total conversions. I don't think you can use custom models on PS3 for use on any of your availible maps. I hope I'm wrong about all this, but I think I read the limitations enuf times to figure this out. But who knows? Mabey when someone tries to cook a model it will work just like on PC, but I doubt it.

I personally would love to see a couple Killzone maps remade for UT3. That's the reason I think it would specifically take a PS gamer to make this mod, cuz pure PC modders would have no idea how the Killzone maps were laid out. But to be honest. Many of the Killzone maps wouldn't go too well with UT3 gameplay. Particularly my favorite "Park Terminal". But Beachhead would probably work pretty good. So would Canyon Crossing, and The Core might work good too. Now that I think about it alot of them would work. The Hill map and the River map (can't remember their names) would also work good. Mabey even Park would work, though I think it may be too many tight corridors.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                  I think (from what little I understand) that stand alone models won't be able to be used on PS3. For models to work they would have to be models that were programed into a custom map or total conversion.
                  That's some of the worst UT3 news I've heard since the lack of split screen. Why wouldn't they code the stupid thing to allow custom models on any map.

Comment

Oh nvm...

They'll probably be selling character model packs over the PSN. Problem solved right???

EDITED:
                    Can someone varify this before I try to go to bed irritated. I'd like to know if custom characters will or will not be able to be used in all maps for all current modes like DM, TDM, VCTF ect...

Comment

I think someone is going to have to try to cook one and find out. No one could know for sure until then. I really don't think it's gona work though. Just like you can't have space cow weapons, you can't have a space cow character model.

Comment

I personally would love to see, just for fun, the burgerking man.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                          I think someone is going to have to try to cook one and find out. No one could know for sure until then. I really don't think it's gona work though. Just like you can't have space cow weapons, you can't have a space cow character model.
                          someone cooked 2 models for the PS3 and they work fine.
                          only downside is that they dont work like the PC ones. so far we can only uses the models to customize a pre-existing character. and you cant change heads unless someone figures out to use the helmet to change heads.

Comment

original posted by the_original_se
                            someone cooked 2 models for the PS3 and they work fine.
                            only downside is that they dont work like the PC ones. so far we can only uses the models to customize a pre-existing character. and you cant change heads unless someone figures out to use the helmet to change heads.
                            cool where can we dload those? i would really like to use them
                            never mind i found them, i just don't know if the guy that cook them had permision from the creators of the mods, heres where i found them http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=597753

Comment

the only thing i want to see right now is Malcolm and Xan. IMO Malcolm must be published by the devs!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X