Request: CTF-Stormfront

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: CTF-Stormfront

Stormfront was a CTF map in the Unreal Tournament game realeased for the Playstation 2 (I'm not sure if this is the same game as UT99, I have a horrible memory and don't even remember what year this game out in ). It was an amazing 2v2 CTF Map that would be incredibly fun for 2v2-4v4 matches. I would love to make it but have tried working with the map editor and it is so far over my head UT4 would probably launch before I could figure it out .

Anyway if someone feels ambitious and wants to make a CTF map Stormfront would be a great one. I remember countless hours spent doing elevator jump runs to snatch the flag from the Inhuman Tensor/Vector Combo!

If anyone else remembers good times playing this map on their PS2 back in the day feel free to bump this post!

Pictures please, map has a good name. Or at least make a picture of the layout.

Comment

I no longer have my PS2 or the UT game but I still have a fairly vivid recollection of the map. Here is a link to a fairly accurate recreation for UT2K4.

http://files.filefront.com/ctf+storm.../fileinfo.html

The only thing that is really different is the sewer this guy added towards the middle of the map. If that were removed this would be pretty much dead on. The main things that are "essential" to a good recreation are the correct weapon/armor locations and the lighting. This UT2K4 version is a lot darker than the original and in my opinion that makes it seem a lot less impressive. I will try to draw up a simplified layout sometime in the next few days. Also if anyone still has the PS2 Version, a post of an exploration video or just some screens of the original map would be very helpful!

Comment

I'm actually working on one at the moment, keep an eye on it, it'll be released eventually.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=606159

Comment

Working...
        X