Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Energy Weapons: Ex. Light Saber-ish, Energy Whip, Glowing Axe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omegasyde View Post
    This might sound a bit fairy, but what about a gunsword. I won't tell you where I got idea from due to embarrassment.

Beam sword

Ill probally draw what I mean later and scan the image this weekend.
    What, like Squall's Sword Gun from Final Fantasy 8?

Anyways, an energy sword would be cool...

Or something I been thinking about for a Necris weapon, a Gun-Looking thing that creates energy tentacles (would be cool to make them look as if they were made out of nano-black shrouded in some kind of purplish energy) that will seek out enemies in front of you and wrap around them, slowing their movement and dealing slow damage. Alt-fire could throw an ensnared opponent at a wall (dealing decent damage), or another opponent (dealing ok damage to both people).

A weapon that throws energy nets like the old 2k4 Scorpion primary would be cool too...

An axe would be too much like Quake 1 (remember the good ol' Axe from that? It kinda sucked unless you were literally butting heads with the other guy)

A whip would be kinda cool, but meh....

Comment

Originally posted by Omegasyde View Post
      And ChaosUT3 is a mod correct? [/B]Pardon my ignorance on it, I really do not know about it.
      Well assuming you haven't played UT2004 or UT99.. yes.. Chaos is one of the most popular mods... especially with their Vortex gun and Melee duel mode. They have Swords, battle axe, daggers, staff.. etc and they were the originators of the Grapple hook.

http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/c2_s....php?view=cut2

Welcome to Unreal

Comment

I think a "double sided blade" like this would be awesome. Whether it be classic metal, or energy sword like "blades" it would be pretty tight...I know this is a fold up knife, but imagine it around 25-30 inches long, and one complete blade with a grip...if anyone can find a similar double sided blade, please post a pic, I couldnt find any other better ones to show...

http://monkeyads.com/proofs/_44090_90061.jpg

Comment

Isn't that the sword from super smash bros mellee on game cube and its also on n64 coming out on wii?

I think a sword would be a good idea but it would need some kind off grimy secondry fire like slice someone in half.

ShadeMistress: See the necris wargear mod if you want to see a mellee weapon for necris called the lash.

Necris Wargear: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=591223

Comment

Yes, swords and other melee weapons like halberds, maces & morningstars would definitely be cool. Altfire could be a throw attack that (potentially) pins enemies to walls.

Originally posted by ShadeMistress View Post
            A weapon that throws energy nets like the old 2k4 Scorpion primary would be cool too...
            +1! People were always *****ing about the 2K4 Scorp's bola weapon, but imo it was way more original, fun & useful than plain old rockets or some other standard projectile. It would be cool indeed to see it return as a gun of sorts, perhaps one that combines ranged (the bola) with melee (stabbing, electrocuting). Its wielder would basically be a kind of futuristic Retiarius, first trapping his victim with the energy net, and then finishing him off with melee.

Originally posted by ShadeMistress View Post
            A whip would be kinda cool, but meh....
            Yeah, that too.

Btw, the Rocket Propelled Chainsaw is SICK!

Comment

ChaosUT3? Can you confirm that this project is in the works?

Comment

All the same, just wait for ChaosUT3, that is where the Duel game is that has melee
                is that true ?

Comment

Hi. The Chaos mod started in Quake 2 (complete with the ******* Sword by the way).

ChaosUT2 brought melee to the Unreal series. Epic then continued it in UC2 (Much like the famous proxy mines of Chaos, which Epic drew upon for the 'sentient goo' for UC2).

We used our melee system mainly in our Duel game type, with the slomo kills. Epic than continued those in UT3.

By the way - this "tradition" then continued with our hoverboards, and hoverboard grappling, which Epic continued in UT3.

Oh, and while we did have the 1st (or among the 1st) grappling hooks in Unreal, there certainly were others along the way. Of course I still contend nobody tops ours though.

But anyway, back on point. There are currently no plans to include 3rd person melee in Chaos for UT3. As it stands now, we are very short on coding help, and melee is a HUGE task.

But thanks for inquiring. Know an experienced coder who wants to work on something Very high profile?

Comment

guess what guys? i just finished my lightsaber project! its a mod of the crucible pack, replacing the hammer with a lightsaber! kotor 1 level up sound, full lightsaber sounds and mesh. its epic. i will publish it along with my other things coming in the Mass Map Pack. your prayers have been answered.

Comment

Working...
                    X