Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Energy Weapons: Ex. Light Saber-ish, Energy Whip, Glowing Axe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Weapons: Ex. Light Saber-ish, Energy Whip, Glowing Axe?

Sounds corny, but I would use this anyday over the impact hammer.

The sword doesn't have to be from starwars but perhaps the melee weapon could be a electric whip/sword from bladerunner for example (?)

Yes or no?

http://www.extremeglow.com/Merchant4...1/swbluesm.jpg

or even a scythe
    http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/scythe.jpg

Just shooting some idea's out there!

yeah i dont like the impact hammer i would also prefer a sword, can weapons be added to the ps3?

Comment

I don't know but I think the first person to make a mutator with a light saber or something other than impact hammer would get alot of cool kudo's

Comment

To go ever so slightly against what folk have already said, i would just like to mention how fond i am of the impact hammer - especially due to the air of terror the sound of it inspires in a LAN. I would, however, really love to see, and would welcome, the inclusion of something similar to the knife weapons that appear in other FPS's. There's nothing quite like that swift, silent, humiliating kill and the screams of outrage of those killed by it...
        R

Comment

Originally posted by RealF4lcon View Post
          To go ever so slightly against what folk have already said, i would just like to mention how fond i am of the impact hammer - especially due to the air of terror the sound of it inspires in a LAN. I would, however, really love to see, and would welcome, the inclusion of something similar to the knife weapons that appear in other FPS's. There's nothing quite like that swift, silent, humiliating kill and the screams of outrage of those killed by it...
          R
          HUMILIATION!

Comment

Originally posted by RealF4lcon View Post
            R
            Melee kills, I find are more personally and tend to give me more satisfaction. Especially to campers

I do like the impact hammer hops on low grav enviroments, but I just think the game needs abit more stylish.

Comment

How about a UC2 TC.. that had all kinds of melee and anims

Comment

I wasn't looking for animations and UC2 was laggy probably because of that. No wonder it was a xbox exclusive.

But yea some Uc2 melee weapons without the super ninja jumps would be cool. I remember the character in that game were the worse however lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegasyde View Post
                  I wasn't looking for animations and UC2 was laggy probably because of that. No wonder it was a xbox exclusive.

But yea some Uc2 melee weapons without the super ninja jumps would be cool. I remember the character in that game were the worse however lol.
                  Well you need melee animations. How was UC2 laggy? its an xbox game designed to run on the same hardware everywhere.. UC2 was quite smooth. And I know there was some team of modders looking to do a UC2 conversion for UT2004.. maybe they will switch to UT3..

All the same, just wait for ChaosUT3, that is where the Duel game is that has melee

Comment

YES!!!!! no impact hammer. Please i am begging for this mod for PS3. Anyone who plays the console might remember that Unreal Championship: Liandri Conflict had killer melee weapons on the Xbox.

Comment

What? The impact hammer owns all of you.

Sideways.

Seriously, splattering people with a multi tonne pushing electric hammer is the best thing since sliced bread, and when the announcer booms "JACKHAMMER" it just makes it even more worthwhile, even more worthwhile then already seeing the player get compressed into a fine paste.

A sword or something would be cool just don't **** it up with some ***got WoW or Oblivion influence. This isn't medievil **** with faeries and wood nymphs. This is big bad mother****ers. Make the sword something that would fit in with UT3's other weapons visually.

How about a Chainsawd

Or one of these:

If someone modeled one of them, I'd paint it. Normal, spec, diffuse, illum, the works. I was actually thinking of designing a more futuristic stylized version of that same concept.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe View Post
                        Well you need melee animations. How was UC2 laggy? its an xbox game designed to run on the same hardware everywhere.. UC2 was quite smooth. And I know there was some team of modders looking to do a UC2 conversion for UT2004.. maybe they will switch to UT3..

All the same, just wait for ChaosUT3, that is where the Duel game is that has melee
                        I am saying to of coarse have the simple slashing animations, just not the "backflipping torpedo matrix moves".

I also found Uc2 laggy and would constant find myself shooting at the people do the animations and missing. I had to lead 1 second or more to kill them, it seemed like a developer glitch or something. Once they started the crazy acrobatics, it almost seems as if they were temporarily invulnerable.

And ChaosUT3 is a mod correct?
                        Pardon my ignorance on it, I really do not know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by D4NO555666 View Post
                          What? The impact hammer owns all of you.

Sideways.

Seriously, splattering people with a multi tonne pushing electric hammer is the best thing since sliced bread, and when the announcer booms "JACKHAMMER" it just makes it even more worthwhile, even more worthwhile then already seeing the player get compressed into a fine paste.

A sword or something would be cool just don't **** it up with some ***got WoW or Oblivion influence. This isn't medievil **** with faeries and wood nymphs. This is big bad mother****ers. Make the sword something that would fit in with UT3's other weapons visually.

How about a Chainsawd

Or one of these:

If someone modeled one of them, I'd paint it. Normal, spec, diffuse, illum, the works. I was actually thinking of designing a more futuristic stylized version of that same concept.
                          Cool Idea, but I am trying to stay futuristic with the proposals like saying there should a light/energy emitting weapons.

A energy chainsaw would be badd As however.

Comment

Now that would be a fun spam weapon.

Be great if someone could add the Gears of War chainsaw death animation into so it just stabs you and you more or less just get cut in half.

Comment

This might sound a bit fairy, but what about a gunsword. I won't tell you where I got idea from due to embarrassment.

Beam sword

Ill probally draw what I mean later and scan the image this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X