[REQUEST] Demo manager for ut3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REQUEST] Demo manager for ut3!

I am a great fan of movie making in ut1 especially. Since we have the "demo" recording device ingame for single player, howcome it is disabled for multiplayer online?? I've heard that only servers can give out demo, do you actually think that if I do a sweet run that I'll ever be able to get the server demo? Hell no and that is a very sad fact!

Demos have been a learning tool for noobs, so they could watch how people played their clanbase wars etc. It has been obligated in the clanbase.com league for everyone to record demos on every cup so that moderators could at any time in case of doubt if someone has been cheating or not request the demo and see for themselves. Besides all that it is required for movie making purposes.

I've already done some sick stuff and no demo of it, gg, so where does this leave movie making in general? No where! Epic you have focused on the mod community and you disabled demo reccing after the 1.1 patch? How about you finish what you started, or if someone who is reading this can make a demo manager for ut3 like ut1 has then I would be most greatful. Something that can allow you to record demos from any game, online, offline, lan etc. Something that allows you to playback, pause, speed up, search, etc. You name it. The community needs this!

I certainly do need it or its back to ut1 with my expensive pc ;<. Seriuosly, this is a huge miss in UT3. I am looking forward to hear from you guys

We need the ability to record matches! That would be amazing!

Comment

Nah it's not "amazing"...this should have been a STANDARD feature, like it has been in every other version of UT.

Epic, you can't just remove features the community has enjoyed for 9 years and expect us to be ok with it. I really hope someone can come up with a way to reinstate demorecording and playback.

Comment

Originally posted by adrums63 View Post
        Epic, you can't just remove features the community has enjoyed for 9 years and expect us to be ok with it.
        WORD !!!!!

Comment

why dont you guys just use FRAPS to record your games?

http://www.fraps.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
            why dont you guys just use FRAPS to record your games?

http://www.fraps.com/
            we shouldn't have to use a third-party app for something that should have been included in the first place

and also because it uses a ridiculous amount of hard drive space and kills your framerate.

Comment

Originally posted by adrums63 View Post
              we shouldn't have to use a third-party app for something that should have been included in the first place

and also because it uses a ridiculous amount of hard drive space and kills your framerate.
              the bottom line is, its not a feature in the game, and despite it should be, its not. guess im just more optimistic..

the guy who posted this thread said he loved making movies. if thats where his heart is then he wont mind a couple of FPS drops to run fraps so he can carry on with his hobby, and obviously hard drive space is not an issue if he's rendering video

Comment

tbh it should be a standard feature and it was enabled with ut3 prior to any beta patches to record from client side. Why it has been disabled by Epic ever since the patches I don't know but that's what I heard from everyone.

Anyway, on www.clanbase.com you MUST record demos if you want to play on clanbase anyway. That goes for ut1, 2k3 and 2k4 for as far as I know. I am 100% sure that it is required for every ladder game or cup game to record demos if you don't do that and they find out you can get disqualified or whatever. Admins need to be able to ask for your demo at any time after the match.

Besides that it is one of the best ways to become better at a game, by watching demos from top skilled players and their played games. So it is a learning tool as well.

Also it is, like modding is for the modding community, something that is just needed for the movie making community. You can't just after 9 years not intergrate it in the game while it has been a standard feature since ut1. It was created as a mod in ut1 and in 2k3 and 2k4 for as far as I know it has been a standard feature in the game itself. Why disable it now?

I mind a hell lot to have fraps running in the background during my games because that means EVERY game that I play should have fraps running in the background. This also means that I will have to give in to framerate during playing, which makes the gameplay and experience less then great because I tried it with my 3000 euro pc. It simply does not work and what fun is only having a 1st person view throughout the ENTIRE movie?

As has been said above, this is and should be a standard feature, not something that the community has to whine about. Epic made the modding community a priority, this is as much a priority as that is. So either Epic steps up to the plate and delivers what should have been a standard feature straight out of the box or the modding community has to step in again, as they did in ut1, to create it themselves.

Comment

Yes demo recording in game is a must.Do you know how taxing fraps is on your PC?And how much room it takes to film a game let alone a whole match,Their is no way i could play a match while using fraps and having 20-30 fps during a game.

Comment

well I was actually stupid enough to give it a go with fraps, turns out that I go from 60-90fps all the way back to 27fps average :|

I am running ut3 at all highest and resolution at 1680x1050, obviously fraps records at that resolution too then, which is rediculiously high. No way in hell am I going to play with 800x600 or 1280x1024 just so that I can record with fraps.

Also, if you record to .avi which is the only way that fraps can record and the filesize of the vid that you are recording reaches higher then 2.8gig then sony vegas cannot read it anymore. You get that filesize for barely 30 seconds of playing time, how in hell are you going to record a 20+ minute during match, playing at 20-30fps.

Goodjob epic, for releasing a quality concept that is completely unfinished. Hi wasted 3000 euro on pc =)

Comment

Working...
                    X