No announcement yet.

Chainsaw Mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever is thinking about it, read my post.

Comment

what about instead of a chainsaw....

it was a badger?

Comment

Badger chainsaw from postal III?
        wtf

Comment

i hope someone decides to make this..i would love to see a chainsaw instead of the impact hammer...would be too much fun..lol

Comment

Why not just get the Lancer in the game? Wouldn't people rather have the Lancer than a straight chainsaw?

Comment

it would most defintely have to be a chainsaw, there`s just a certain feel to it. maybe you could pull a worms thing so that when you whip out the chainsaw your person randomly puts a killer mask on. I really like homerocks`s design and as a second function it stabs like a sword. you would need a custom award for it too, like texan massacre. that would be legen.. wait for it... DARY! i really wish i could help on this one, but unfortunately i don`t have a good enough pc to run nething other than UT 99

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                Why not just get the Lancer in the game? Wouldn't people rather have the Lancer than a straight chainsaw?
                Definitely. I so wish somebody would make a Gears Weapon Mod. I really do love the Torque Bow concept, and the Lancer. Hell, i'll go play gears of war at my friends house just to play with the **** Chainsaw on the Lancer. They had some **** awesome ideas when they made that game.

Comment

true the lancer is awesome, but if it is used, then it takes away from the idea that the chainsaw would be a melee only weapon.

Comment

**Before I speculate on the idea I'm going to present, I want to stress that I have no knowledge or experience in programming for UT, so this may not be remotely possible.**

That said, wouldn't a chainsaw mutator be fairly easy to create as long as it didn't require any custom character animations? For instance, if you took the weapon model from the "ripper lite" mutator (the model looks kinda similar to Q3A's gauntlet) and simply re-coded it to only do damage from extremely close range (melee). Wouldn't this, in effect, create a melee weapon with minimal effort? Not that I'm suggesting someone rip off the ripper author's model without his permission, I'm just wondering if it would be as simple as that? I think it's a shame that we are basically stuck with the god-awful impact hammer for any melee combat. I personally don't think katanas or other weird melee weapons would fit well into UT's combat system, but a chainsaw-esque melee weapon would be a perfect fit (in my opinion). Anyone with more knowledge of how UT coding works want to clarify if this would be possible?

EDIT:
                    I just realized, Rob had a very similar idea earlier in the thread:
                    Just wondering... Can you make custom collision checking? Or would you have to make some makeshift collision checking by an indivisible bullet that disappears after a frame or two? (Just replace the regular model with a chainsaw one, and decrease the time between shots so that it would be like 1 frame wait. (I'm assuming you just have to edit a variable?) then make a bullet appear in the beginning of the chainsaw blade (where it touches the base), then would it be possible to destroy it in a frame or two which would be when it reaches the end of the chainsaw?) This wouldn't allow swinging or anything, but it would probably be a lot easier to make. And maybe if you copied/modified the mini gun code, you could make it so you have to hold it for a few seconds to make it go at full power, just like the minigun. This is just an idea though... it would be nice if someone would try this!
                    This seems very possible and simple to implement (although, again, I have no knowledge of how UT programming really works). Any experts have an opinion on the actual possibility of this?

EDIT2:
                    Here is a pic of the gauntlet for those unfamilair with the Quake series

Comment

So, does anyone know if its possible to have bullets that have a timed life?

Comment

chainsaw..... !,,!

Comment

surgery...with the chainsaw!

Comment

Working...
                          X