Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SUGGESTION] ZP aka ZEROPING, where are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bumpy!.....

Comment

This would be very nice... level the playing field between the 140ms people & the 30ms people...

Comment

Yea i'd like to have that ^^

Comment

zeroping really shouldnt be missed since the midway servers arent the best :/

Comment

Any coder that can make this mutator?!!!

Guys .. we are waiting .. >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Roig View Post
              Any coder that can make this mutator?!!!

Guys .. we are waiting .. >_<

+1 i Personally know of at least couple hundred people waiting for this, if not more. someone, anyone...lol

Comment

Originally posted by ]NIN[ View Post
                A mutator to which made it easier to hit with instant hit weapons, like sniper, shock beam & minigun etc...

When you shot something it registered it on your computer then sent that info to the server.

Without ZP when you shoot something it take a few milliseconds for you shot to register on the server & if you have a big ping it can cause you to miss something you should have hit. Basically the person you were aiming at isn't where he was when you shot him
                ...with ZP it would be like this: You hit the person you shot even though he was behind cover at the same time on his client.

Or does ZP move the server hit detection to the client side? So not the server calculates if Person A hits B, but the client (Person A's very own computer) decides whether it has hit B or not.

Sounds pretty gay tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Xendance View Post
                  ...with ZP it would be like this: You hit the person you shot even though he was behind cover at the same time on his client.

Or does ZP move the server hit detection to the client side? So not the server calculates if Person A hits B, but the client (Person A's very own computer) decides whether it has hit B or not.

Sounds pretty gay tbh.

Well from my experience of playing on sniper servers for a long time, ZP makes it a lot better for playing.
                  If you have played IG or Sniper Arena, there is a lot of fast strafing movements. When I play on a non ZP server I could be dueling with someone for about 20+ seconds of constant firing before someone gets hit, whereas on ZP someone is usually dead within 5 secs.
                  With ZP you can jump round a corner aim, fire & kill someone straight away (if you have an accurate aim). This is harder to do without ZP as you have to look to see which direction the person is moving & aim infront of them sometimes.

ZP is not perfect, but the bad sides are not as bad as some are making it out to be.
                  Get UT99 & try it out against non ZP & see for yourself which is best.

Comment

Of course ZP is a lot better for onlinegaming, especially for Instagib/sniper player!!

its a MUST Have feature for these mutators.

Comment

zp has its moments where it works and doesnt work. TBH zp to me was a lazy way to learn how to aim while leading a moving target. In real life you have to lead to shoot a moving target at a distance........ I always played non zp lowg sniper arena in ut99. Some zp ig ctf but not often. Its a personal prefernce really. Good for people with pings over 150 below 100 pointless. Especially for people with 20-40 pings. IMHO skill comes from learning to play with what you have, whether it be your hardware or internet connection. Better netcode would reduce the dependancy on mutator. I will agree for the use of zp in ctf cause i cant count how manytimes you would get some person grabbing a flag and warping and lagging around the map with it making it impossible to him them. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

ZP is non other than clientside hit detection. Very hackable for cheats and you do have a ping and it works in favour of the guy with the higest ping. he can shoot you before you see him cause his computer hasn't caught up with the server. or when moving around a corner you will still take damage as the other player can still see you.

Unless you limit the ping of the server to below 100 you will find clientside hitdetection to be a royal pain in the ****. Look at Planetside....nuff said.

Comment

i have just played zeroping instagib....zp| utzone.de...linux server,they have zeroping mutator on their ictf server!WONDERFULL i can't believe this.

Comment

Working...
                          X