[Request] - (Game Mode) - "King of the Flag."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] - (Game Mode) - "King of the Flag."

The name of the game mode might confuse people but I think it fits.

(If anyone ever played THPS3/PS4/UG1/UG2/AW on PC, PS2, or XBOX there was an online/multiplayer game mode called "King of the Hill." If you've played it then I don't need to explain the game mode. If not then I will try to explain the best I can. Also bare with me. I'm posting this on a PS3 and I might need to make a second post to finish my description)

- First a flag appears in a random location on the map.
    - Everyone has a timer with a limit of 2:00. (minutes)
    -> Each person's timer can start with either 0:00 and count up to 2:00 or have it count down from 2:00.
    - When you grab the flag you slow down to about half the normal running speed and your timer starts.
    -> To gain speed you must kill people but you can not gain any health.
    - If killed by someone else while holding the flag it will drop where you land and your timer stops. However you respawn where you died 3 seconds after you die, but you do not have the same weapons from before.

}- Once someone reaches 2:00 (Or 0:00) the game ends and everyone dies. (Maybe I should call this Meltdown and have them hold like a timer thing that has the counter on it to detonate the other players.)

Basically the object of the game is to hold the flag as long as you can for a set time limit.

(We have a dieing community on http://www.kxth.com - a site made for this game mode - that is slowly dwindling down to nothing since Neversoft decided to drop this game mode from THP8 and on. We were bummed to hear that it was dropped. No more KOTH for Tony Hawk games. Our last resort was Delta Force: Black Hawk Down seeing that it had a game mode like this in it. Its also found on Socom: Fireteam Bravo 2 for the PSP but no one wants to play it on a PSP. Thats why I am hoping for this game to be a success with PS3 accepting mods so everyone can play again.)

Extras:

- During the game it has an arrow that points to where the flag is so camping will be hard. Hiding won't work either.

Comment

(Continued)
      - As you kill people while holding the flag you gain speed while the other players lose speed.

- You can kill other team players to stop them from getting the flag but they respawn where they died 3 seconds later as well.

- Health pickups are only available to people who are not holding the flag.

- Armor upgrades are available to everyone in the game including the flag carrier.

- Using the warp gun is prohibited while holding the flag, but getting on your hover board is not prohibitted.

- Use of tanks and other vehicles is allowed while holding the flag, but the damage taken should increase by %150 to be fair.

- If someone falls off the map while holding the flag (Basically going out of bounds) then it should respawn in a random area on the map. As for the player who was holding the flag, s/he spawns in a new location. (Basically if they suicide with the flag it should respawn in a random area. If the flag falls out of bounds it should re-appear in a random location on the map as well.)

Comment

(Continued)

- Flying vehicles should be prohibited. If not then they should also have the %150 damage taken. Although I think people would find it pretty cheap.

I think that is pretty much it. I can't think of anything else to add. If anyone lse has an idea to add to this mode please post!

Comment

There is a Edit button, i hope you know that.

Also, pretty good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Con-Sept View Post
            (... Also bare with me. I'm posting this on a PS3 and I might need to make a second post to finish my description.)
            I can only type in so many words before it cuts me off. Sorry if this bothers you but I don't have a PC at all. Thats why I bought the PS3 over the other 2 because I at least am able to view web sites and respond in forums even though it doesn't have support for Flash 8.0 (Only 7.0 is supported right now.) Nor does it allow me to type more than 2,000 characters in a box.

Comment

I am willing to pay 10 bux for someone to create this mode for the PS3 version.

I hate to be arrogant about it in here but I just don't find any other game being more fun than this game mode alone. It was a great challenge for everyone and I'd like to reincarnate it on anything. (I've even tried creating this game mode back on Warcraft 3 and Star craft. However I failed misserably)

I'm throwing 10 bux out there. I don't care cause I don't want to see this game mode dissappear.

Comment

SOrry for bring this up again but I am not going to let this game mode die. I want to see it on another game and hopefully in the future other developers will take this game into consideration...

If mods want to rid of this post I can understand that. (Even though I am the only one posting in here.) But I'm still going to ask it anyway.

Comment

I am totally with you on this game mode. It sounds really sweet i would love to play it. I can't help you make it as i am not a modder and i have the game on the PS3 but still. I think somone should make this happen.

Comment

Yeah, sounds kind of like Oddball in the Halo games, but better.

Comment

I'm just hoping that someone can pick up on this. And if someone has already created a mod similar to this go ahead and let me know, direct me, link me... something so that I can at least be happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Con-Sept View Post
                        I am willing to pay 10 bux for someone to create this mode for the PS3 version.

I hate to be arrogant about it in here but I just don't find any other game being more fun than this game mode alone. It was a great challenge for everyone and I'd like to reincarnate it on anything. (I've even tried creating this game mode back on Warcraft 3 and Star craft. However I failed misserably)

I'm throwing 10 bux out there. I don't care cause I don't want to see this game mode dissappear.
                        A whole $10 bucks! hmm so that would come out to something like $0.25/hour pay rate!

$10 will only get you a few empty classes for the mod. Either your going to need to save up and offer more money (you can allways make some money from mowing the lawns in your neighborhood)

or

Your just going to have to make it yourself! When I started out with the Classic Domination team for UT2k4, I did not know anything about unrealscript and not very much about using the Editor! Since then, with alot of trial and error, and alot of reading stuff around the net, I have learned alot. My latest mod placed 3rd in the MSUC phase 1 for best New Gametype. If I can learn it, so can you. You can do it, only if you do.

Comment

Sounds good, although ten bucks isn't a great incentive for a mod this tough.

I'd also like to see King of the Hill, which could be made from Domination pretty easily, I think.

Comment

Working...
                          X