[Request] PS3 files as well please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] PS3 files as well please

We all know how Epic is loving on the PS3 with Sony's open stance to the mod support.... I have been trying several final/beta maps lately on PC and they are great.. my video card isn't the greatest though, since i have a few local friends picking up the PS3 version tomorrow i think i will as well. From what Epic says, there is an easy "Export To PS3"(something like that) file/functionality in the unreal editor so that 99% of these great mods will work on the PS3 as well.

Can people please start posting PS3 versions of their mods as well??

Thanks

I thought the "PS3 versions" are exactly the same? Because if you join a server with a PS3, it would receive the same files as we PC gamers do.

That's what i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Raze.at View Post
      I thought the "PS3 versions" are exactly the same? Because if you join a server with a PS3, it would receive the same files as we PC gamers do.

That's what i think.
      from Gamasutra interview

"MR: No, I mean, we have Unreal Editor on the PC version of the game, and the content is compatible between the two. That's the thing that people don't realize. When you take a level in Unreal Tournament 3, you build it on PC. The exact same levels you're running between the PC and the PS3.

The things that are different between the games aren't really the levels. They're the speed that certain vehicles move, the firing rate of weapons, the turning radius for the player camera. Things like that are tweaked specifically between PC and console. But the levels and the content itself is 100 percent compatible. It's really no big deal. You make something on the PC, and say, "Oh, now I can go test it on my PlayStation 3," right then and there.

What we do to finalize it, make sure it makes the most efficient use of memory, and runs the fastest, is we bake it down to the PS3 version, but that's just like saving a file in Word in a different format. If you save it on a PlayStation 3 format, you can stick it on the Internet, and someone can download it, put it on a memory card, and import it into their PlayStation 3 version of the game. That works really well. "

so may be same file... but sounds like the tools have a PS3 export option as well, I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

Comment

I agree. I will be getting UT3morrow and wanted to stock up on some maps. I was disappointed to see none of them mentioned anything about the PS3. Would love to see at least a couple maps ready for tomorrow. Thanks.
        For Example, Bedroom.

Comment

I'm working on a 6-8 player DM map that should be ready for a beta release very soon. If someone would be so kind as to tell me how to cook a map out to a PS3 compatible file, I would be happy to include it.

I can't test it myself though, as I don't have a PS3.

Comment

I will be glad to test it. I just got the game so I am going to test the DM map called bedroom and see if it works on the PS3 without cooking. The manual says nothing about how the USB stick is supposed to be setup so it should recognize the UT3 file automatically. I will test and post in a bit.

Comment

ya got my ps3 copy today and UEditor on PC... i think i saw a screenshot somewhere showing cooking for PS3 on the PC... i'll try to find out when i get home in a couple hours..

guy got some error but in teh front end on top left Platform - can select PS3 -

Comment

Edit: Ive already had this answered.

id also like some ps3 mods. i know it takes time. just picked it up for ps3 today. i know basically nothing about mods though, and to start im really just looking for an armor type of mod.

so can someone please tell me if someone made a mod for a piece of a characters armor, but that looked different (say pink) or something, would i be able to just add that to the character im using by going to edit character and changing her torso etc. (i think ill be using jester). or will it have to be a completely new character. sorry, im completely new to this, so please excuse it for being such a noobish question. thanks

also, how would that effect games i played online? it says before you edit your character "To allow or disable custom characters". does that have to do with mods? if i got into a game and had a mod armor on, how would people with that option off see my character? and one other thing, since its just a piece of armor im using, would i be able to get into game (like pure thing), or not? and would anyone else have to download anything. like if it was a map they would, but what about just armopr im only using. sorry so much and thanks.

Comment

In another thread the mod said that they need to update the editor with a patch for modders to export. They have to finish up with some legal issues but it should be here soon enough. that givers modders time to make more stuff.

Comment

Well I would like to take the jump into testing these maps. I've got nothing to lose so if you need someone to test it on the PS3 let me know. Just send me a message either by this site E-Mail or PSN.

Comment

ya, word it unreall editor will need update and hopefully have soon.. also the udn page for PS3 isn't up yet and hopefully will be soon...

**I can so see little mermaid girl with her pink character soon**

Comment

I'd be willing to test out maps and mutators on the ps3 for modders if they like. Just message me using the site and we can set up from there. Or if you have psn contact me there my psn is Cogwork.

Comment

Is the PS3 exporter working right now?

Comment

Working...
                          X