Any Halo or Gears mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Halo or Gears mods?

I'm a PS3 owner, and I'm just wondering if there's anybody that plans on making a Halo mod for UT3. I think that would be awesome, I love to play this game at my friends house, and would love to be able to play Halo on my PS3, same with Gears.

Won't happen - Epic would end up getting sued by Bungie / Microsoft.

Comment

Wanna play Gears and Halo ? Buy a 360. Period.

Comment

you cant play mods on consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by samifira View Post
          you cant play mods on consoles.
          um, one of the main things Epic is pushing with UT3 on PS3 is the mod support... there is export for PS3 in the Unreal Editor... you put the file on a thumbdrive and import into the ps3 version...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/...hchchchaanges/

I could so see someone making a blood gulch or other halo map remake for UT3, as far as Gears stuff there is a good third person mod in the works... he is currently trying for a more over the shoulder zoomed in camera like gears.

would love to see mod people start posting PS3 files too PLEASE

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
            Won't happen - Epic would end up getting sued by Bungie / Microsoft.
            i dont think so , there were many Halo Mods made in Ut 2004 , as long as it isnt made by epic , then they cant be help responsible!

Comment

Originally posted by >RGS]tmdevildogs View Post
              i dont think so , there were many Halo Mods made in Ut 2004 , as long as it isnt made by epic , then they cant be help responsible!
              Yes, but that was on the PC. This is for the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
                Yes, but that was on the PC. This is for the PS3.
                Whats the difference? Copyright is copyright.

As long as the licence owner dont care about such things there isnt any problem making a mod out of any existing game. And Epic is the last who would be sued, the people who are making the mod would be sued, no one else.

There are so many mods which actualy violating some copyright. So long it seems that there are only a few companys (like MGM) who are against such modifications.

Some companys even support such projects. Look at Valve and Black Mesa (Source).

Comment

really? mods on consoles now? thats awesome

Comment

I plan on making a halo map but I need help importing the old terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by samifira View Post
                      really? mods on consoles now? thats awesome
                      ya Epic's loving on Sony for being open to the mods... can't wait to try out some of these mods tomorrow that people been doing on pc on my PS3 version

Comment

Thinking about it; asking for a Halo mod in UT3, thats just insulting; UT3 is in a higher calibur than Halo, I think a mod for it would ruin the game.

Comment

How can it ruin the game? :|

Comment

I think a Halo or Gears mod in conjunction with a Worm-type mod would be incredible

Comment

Halo mod is stupid, but i'd love to see a Gears mod bc after all that is an epic game. Should pc users be able to use some of the files in gears pc if they have both. same engine so it should be possible but the feel of the game and camera change I don't know how that would work. It would take some time

Comment

Working...
                              X