No announcement yet.

REQUEST: CTF-Warsong-Gulch ^^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waddya mean no warlock? Tsk! *had a lv 70 lock* I'd love to play Alteric valley and the other WoW battlegrounds!

Comment

What the heck is Warsong Gulch

Sounds like a rip off of the Halo map; BloodGulch

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
        What the heck is Warsong Gulch

Sounds like a rip off of the Halo map; BloodGulch
        It's a a CTF map with BALANCED written all over it ^^
        The little house signs on the first pic are where the power ups are placed

Comment

Roughly how big is it? Because from the map and what I can see of the screenshot, I'd be inclined to say it would be too big for CTF and be more suited to VCTF. Having said that, it might be too crowded for vehicles too.
          Not that I'm trying to put anyone off doing it.

Comment

Might try to make this one for UT3 ctf, played the map alot in WoW and I think it would play pretty well in UT3 aswell.

Don't expect any work on this map from me for a while though, got a map I need to finish plus I need to improve my skills in 3d modelling abit.

Comment

My previous reply here was such negative, because I would love to recreate that place in UT3 (i play WOW a lot), but I do not want to spend weeks doing something that gets shoot by email from blizzard.

So maybe good idea would be to ask on their support forums what is official blizzard stance about things like that.

Oh and good idea is to use WOW viewer to look at WSG without getting ganked.

Comment

Originally posted by Malachor View Post
                Roughly how big is it? Because from the map and what I can see of the screenshot, I'd be inclined to say it would be too big for CTF and be more suited to VCTF. Having said that, it might be too crowded for vehicles too.
                Not that I'm trying to put anyone off doing it.
                It's really not that big. I think it's the same size as Hydrosis.
                Also: If the scale would be 1:1, it would feel even smaller because the UT3 players move faster than WoW players.

Comment

hmm, looks pretty neat, though remember the level would have need of some changes to work with UT3 gameplay better.

Comment

That'd be excellent, a whole map pack of WoW pvp map packs. Heck I'd host a server running them!

Comment

Boo @ low polly maps-You can make good polly maps for UT3 that can run good on low end PCs too.

Comment

Raze.at, you forgot an exit point for both bases =p

Anyways, I don't see VCTF as being too effective on this map because it really isn't all that big.
                        Hm, just occured to me...I'm gonna go find a video of someone playing inside WSG so people can get a good idea of what it looks like/its scale/etc.

Oh, and for some bad news, my friend has like next-to-no idea what hes doing in Unreal Editor lol.

Edit: Heres a video. http://www.warcraftmovies.com/stream...&stream=Stage6 This is a Live Stream video, no downloading required.
                        This is a plain video of someone going from his own flag room to the enemies own and back.
                        Note: All you non-WoWers will have no idea whats going on lol, but you'll still get the general feel of WSG by watching it.

Comment

bump ? anyone?

Comment

Sounds great. In fact, i loved Warsong Gulch, except when it took 20 minutes just to kill the other flag carrier and get it back to your base.

Another one i would like to see is possibly Arathi Basin in Warfare. Now THAT was a fun map. It'd be rather small, but still is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                            X